Author Topic: Ananias Mooren  (Read 7190 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ananias Mooren
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 08 December 12 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi again just discovered a Mary Ann Bland in the 1861 census married to a Thomas Bland, Mary born 1825 in Gloucestershire.

Hi without even looking, if you have found a Mary Bland married to a Thomas Bland in 1861, then she cannot be the mother of Ananias born 1858?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LyndonRees

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 December 12 02:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi sorry about the previous message, mistake on my part thinking that Mary Bland may have been married before to a Thomas Bland but her birthplace was Gloucestershire that's what made me think otherwise. I've also discovered a Thomas Mooren born in 1828 living in Kingwood Oxon Tents Smith Field in The registration district of Henley, occ:- Travelling Basket Maker. This is the 1881 census. He had a lodger, James Woods, trying to find a connection.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 December 12 05:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, the Thomas in 1881 is Single, but a great stroke of luck, the lodger James Woods in 1871 is living next door to the 1871 Andrew Mooring and family I mentioned on 1st page:-

1871 Census

Moses Mooring 42 occ Travelling Tinker
Mary 38 Traveller
Henry 16 occ Hawker b Berks
Andrew 14 occ Hawker
Hamadine 12 Daughter occ Hawker
Will 10
Jem 8
Hannah 2
Fred 3 months
All others born Oxfordshire
Residing at Kingwood, Tent in Smith's Field Rotherfield Peppard.
Census Ref RG10/1426/83/8

Could be Thomas and Moses are brothers?

James is 60 an Ag Lab with wife Ann 55 and son Thomas aged 25
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LyndonRees

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 10 December 12 02:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that info.

Offline danasilcox

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 27 April 13 11:59 BST (UK) »
I would desperately like information concerning this line.  My husband's great grandfather IS the Andrew Moring living in Kingwood Common who you refer to in this thread.  We have been trying for years to identify the origins of the Mooren (Moses earliest we know in the 1830's) Mooring/Bland (Patience) wife of Andrew - connections - could you please tell us if you know more of how they came to be in Oxfordshire in the 1830's - where our family stayed from that time on.  Were they indeed Romany's? Or were they occupational travelling tinsmiths?  What are the origins of the Mooren Moorhen name and the Bland name?   Thank you SO MUCH

Offline MJT29

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 25 June 14 23:46 BST (UK) »
Hi -

I've been researching these Oxon/Berks Mooren/Mooring/Moring ancestors, on and off since 2006 - specifically Moses & Mary Ann Mooren, his eldest son, Henry Mooring = Matilda Bland; 2nd son Andrew = Patience Bland?, and the other children - Amadine, Liberty, Freedom etc. 

I guess that Ananias, son of Thomas Mooren is very probably nephew (or maybe 1st cousin, once removed) to Moses.

Has anyone established Moses' parents or origins?   The majority of listings for earlier Moorens on Ancestry are of Dutch origin, though there an English one of 1556 occurs several times.

Are Mary Ann and Ann Wright Waymark (who Moses married in 1875) different or one and the same person?  Moses' children between Henry (1854) and his marriage in 1875 are recorded on the 1871 Census with Moses & Mary Ann as the parents. Later. Censuses record Moses & Ann Wright Waymark with Henry Mooren & Andrew Mooren becoming Henry & Andrew Wright Waymark Mooring.

I would be grateful for any further info.

Offline danasilcox

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 27 June 14 13:03 BST (UK) »
Andrew Mooring (Moren) is my relative.  He and his wife Patience Reed Bland lived in Rotherfield Peppard - I have full records.  I am trying to find details of his father Moses Moring and or brothers - can share what I know?

Offline danasilcox

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 27 June 14 13:52 BST (UK) »
I will post what I know - I have found John Moring who may be father of Moses Moring but I can't find a definite link.  This is my husband's family.  He has had his DNA done, and there is VERY little indication of anything European at all.  Hence our question that Rominy is truly a factor.  Has anyone else in this close family group had your DNA done?   Possibly not as its a US thing pretty much now...    more soon.

Offline tessie31082

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 15 April 19 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, the Bland's belong to me but I have nothing on them only what I can find on the census's. They intrigue me as they are travellers and I always used to say as a kid I'd love to live in a beautiful caravan (like the Romany's) do! Although now I'd prefer my home comforts. Does anyone have anymore information?
Tessie :)