Author Topic: Woodstock registration district - parishes covered 1840s  (Read 3358 times)

Offline artifis

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Woodstock registration district - parishes covered 1840s
« on: Wednesday 01 May 13 11:42 BST (UK) »
I have marriage, death and birth registrations at Woodstock Bicester in the 1840s and 1850. The families concerned were living in either Lower or Upper Heyford when children were baptised.  In the case of the marriage and death records I haven't been able to find either in the parish records but I have found the siblings of the birth registration being registered at Bicester and baptised at Upper Heyford.

Does anyone know what parishes were covered by the Woodstock registration district at the time?

I can of course get copies of the certificates but I'd rather get the parish records from OFHS as I can get more info for my money and trace the ancestry/siblings etc.  I do have the OXF-BIC03 cd which contains the Lower and Upper Heyford parishes amongst others but I don't know which of the Woodstock ones to get as at least two contain parishes relatively near to the Heyfords.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Woodstock registration district - parishes covered 1840s
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 12:16 BST (UK) »
Hi

The link below has information about the Woodstock Registration District

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/woodstock.html

Andy

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 12:26 BST (UK) »
OFHS also has an interactive parish map:
http://searches.oxfordshirefhs.org.uk/pardata.html
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline artifis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 14:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks Andy.

The parishes that I thought they might be in aren't in the Woodstock registration district so that adds to the mystery so I guess I'll have to get the certificates.

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 18:34 BST (UK) »
I might be wrong, but I think the OxFHS -Woodstock CD, covered, Cassington, Hampton Gay, Hampton Poyle, Woolvercote, Woodstock, Woodstock Chapel, Wooton(Oxfordshire) and Yarnton.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 18:53 BST (UK) »
Hi all
There are 3 OFHS CD's which cover most of the Woodstock area
WOD01 - Woodstock, Cassington, Hampton Gay, Hampton Poyle, Wolvercote, Woodstock Union Chapel, Wootton (Oxon), Yarnton

WOD02 - Combe, Deddington, Duns Tew, Kiddington, North Aston, Over Worton, Rousham, Sandford St Martin, Steeple Barton, Stonesfield, Tackley, Westcote Barton

WOD03 - Begbroke, Bladon, Glympton, Kidlington, Nether Worton, North Aston, Shipton on Cherwell, Steeple Aston, Stonesfield, Water Eaton

AS you say you need BIC03 for the Heyfords.

Robinson - Oxfordshire
Stratford - Gloucestershire,
Waters - Northamptonshire,
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,
Collins / Collings - Buckinghamshire,
Salmon - Warwickshire and Northamptonshire
Stranks - Northamptonshire,
Bull - Oxfordshire /Buckinghamshire,

Offline artifis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 02 May 13 09:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks all.

I've got BIC03 and I've sent for WOD03 as one marriage partner was from North Aston according to the banns at Upper Heyford and I want to see if the marriage took place there and any relatives of the bride.

It's tricky to know where to draw the line as this research is for my brother in law and he doesn't want to spend much on certificates etc. BIC03 and WOD03 will be useful for my family research so I've invested in them but beyond that I'll have to leave to him to pay hence I was trying to home in on likely parishes to limit his spend.  Tricky when you're OAPs. :-\

Online Iffley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Artifis -

I have marriage, death and birth registrations at Woodstock Bicester in the 1840s and 1850. The families concerned were living in either Lower or Upper Heyford when children were baptised.  In the case of the marriage and death records I haven't been able to find either in the parish records but I have found the siblings of the birth registration being registered at Bicester and baptised at Upper Heyford.

Does anyone know what parishes were covered by the Woodstock registration district at the time?

I can of course get copies of the certificates but I'd rather get the parish records from OFHS as I can get more info for my money and trace the ancestry/siblings etc.  I do have the OXF-BIC03 cd which contains the Lower and Upper Heyford parishes amongst others but I don't know which of the Woodstock ones to get as at least two contain parishes relatively near to the Heyfords.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know this post was a while ago - but you might appreciate knowing of the OFHS Search Services - see Surname Search Services on the left at www.ofhs.org.uk  We have, for instance, a county-wide baptism index, where you can have searches done for a nominal cost, and which saves you needing to buy a scatter of CDs!

Wendy
OFHS HelpDesk