Author Topic: Adlington Milk Man  (Read 2048 times)

Offline JSR326

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Adlington Milk Man
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 09 October 14 19:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply Hazel.
One thing that's puzzling since I posted my first comment is that; in the 1901 census it shows the family living at 6 Ellerbeck View then the 1911 census shows them living in Hanson St. Ivy told us she grew up at 6 Ellerbeck View and actually took us there when she was alive to show us, but, she wasn't born till 1919?? The next 1921 census will tell us more but do you know for sure if they moved back to Ellerbeck View?
John

Offline wiganlass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 October 14 16:01 BST (UK) »
Hi John, I do know they were living at 6 Ellerbeck View in 1924 I have grandma Meads death certificate. On my fathers birth certificate they were living at 23 Cemetery Road in 1905. Sometime later George went to live 18 Chapel Street Horwich, that address was on my fathers discharge papers that was in 1945/1946 then before he died in 1953 he went to live with auntie Elsie in Woodville road.
Hazel
Mead, Liptrot, Fletcher, Owens (Lancashire area)
Mead, Graham (lancashire) post 1891
Mead, Davies (Lancashire) post 1891
Pilkington, Irvine, Smith, Meaden, (Lancashire)

Mead (Nottingham area) pre 1891
MEAD Wiltshire pre 1891

Offline JSR326

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 11 October 14 12:33 BST (UK) »
So, the birth certificates of Jane, Ivy & Kenneth could pinpoint the move back to Ellerbeck View. This means the milk delivery could have started when they moved back or could it be Grandma Mead’s death forced George to give up Coal Mining to be at home with the young children? My sister Glenice was 11 when granddad George died, she says he was a really nice man – he used to put Lavender on the kid’s pillows to help them go to sleep.
John

Offline wiganlass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 11 October 14 21:33 BST (UK) »
I don't remember granddad mead I was about 4 when he died. Yes they must have moved back to Ellerbeck, I thought the same. Dad never spoke much about his mother or father, Grandma Mead died in the police court in Chorley and I think dad got the blame.
Hazel
Mead, Liptrot, Fletcher, Owens (Lancashire area)
Mead, Graham (lancashire) post 1891
Mead, Davies (Lancashire) post 1891
Pilkington, Irvine, Smith, Meaden, (Lancashire)

Mead (Nottingham area) pre 1891
MEAD Wiltshire pre 1891

Offline JSR326

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 19 October 14 09:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Hazel, Wow, that’s interesting news to us about where Grandma Mead died, we were just told that she died from a heart attack whilst out shopping; maybe Ivy never knew exactly what had happened as she was only 5 years old at the time. Glenice tells me that Arthur Vincent Mead took over 6 Ellerbeck View and Granddad Mead will probably have been at 18 Chaple St Horwich only at that time as he also stayed with his daughters Elsie, Maud, Janie and Ivy who all took turns of about 3 months at a time to look after him, which was quite a good idea on sharing the duty. We don’t think he went to Ellen’s (known as Nelly) as she lived in Luton. We're not sure yet who was the owner of 18 Chaple St because on Glenice's birth cerificate; our farther was also living there, albeit for a few weeks.
John.