Author Topic: Need help on incoming passenger from America to Ireland  (Read 3793 times)

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Need help on incoming passenger from America to Ireland
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 03 August 14 16:31 BST (UK) »
I haven't been told her fathers name.I don't know whether she knows it.....That looks promising though,Heywood....Annie is the sister who meets Mary off the boat stating her age is 16..I think her being older is much more like it.
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 03 August 14 16:34 BST (UK) »
I wonder if Annie is the Annie Godfrey aged 18 yrs travelling 1904 from Claremorris to her sister Mrs Scanlon, Lawrence St Hartford ?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 03 August 14 16:36 BST (UK) »
Kate Godfrey travelling on the Lusitania 15 April 1910 - Mother Mrs Godfrey Fallakeeran Claremorris.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 03 August 14 16:39 BST (UK) »
She said most of them went over there...
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 03 August 14 16:40 BST (UK) »
I wonder if Annie is the Annie Godfrey aged 18 yrs travelling 1904 from Claremorris to her sister Mrs Scanlon, Lawrence St Hartford ?

It must be her.. :)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 03 August 14 16:40 BST (UK) »
Do you have any of their names?

There are Godfreys travelling to Hartford from Claremorris/Irishtown but for example, I was looking at a Catherine but then realised that there was a younger sister called Kate so can't be the same one.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 03 August 14 16:41 BST (UK) »
Kate Godfrey travelling on the Lusitania 15 April 1910 - Mother Mrs Godfrey Fallakeeran Claremorris.

Sandra

Gawd...Did the mother go too ?

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 03 August 14 16:42 BST (UK) »
My friend has the names Honor and Bridgit  in her mind but not 100 percent sure..

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 03 August 14 16:46 BST (UK) »

Sandra

Gawd...Did the mother go too ?

No her Mother didn't go - that was her mothers address in Ireland.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada