Author Topic: guest  (Read 8775 times)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: guest
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 20 September 14 22:14 BST (UK) »
Intriguing!

My mother grew up in Portbury, and I was christened there!!

What a shame she is no longer with us - she enjoyed a bit of gossip!! ;D ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 21 September 14 11:59 BST (UK) »
mr or mrs G.you have really helped us.i wonder could i ask one more favour.would the newspapers show a divorce between charles jeffrey willey and patricia margaret willey/nee manning in about 1958-1960?as you found harolds divorce i wonder if theirs is anywhere to be found.
birchs taylors penfold orchard hughes all romany gypsies in the west country

Online Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 21 September 14 12:44 BST (UK) »
The two articles I quoted come from The British Newspaper Archive, which I think (at the moment at any rate) has less coverage of papers after the mid 1950s.  You can search and access it directly on their own website (for a fee), or via GenesReunited or Findmypast, if you have a sub to either of them.

I can't see anything showing for the couple you mention, but it would depend on whether the local paper is one that the BNA have digitised for the period when the divorce happened.  Also, it could be that by the late 50s-early 60s, a divorce might not be considered  such sensational news that it would be reported, especially if there were no juicy details.

Two Ancestry trees have Charles Jeffrey, but they don't have a wife for him at all.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 21 September 14 14:44 BST (UK) »
thats a shame cause charles jeffrey was my dad,he died 2005 and had 3 marriages.the first one being too my mother patricia manning.he went to live in canada between 1952 and 1962.we returned on the break uo of the marriage in 1958.thanks for tryng anyway
birchs taylors penfold orchard hughes all romany gypsies in the west country