Author Topic: Andrews Family Pershore Worcestershire  (Read 11246 times)

Offline Jondi99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Andrews Family Pershore Worcestershire
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 29 August 13 09:56 BST (UK) »
Hello Yegvard,

Thanks for your input.  I shall have a look at the site and see what is there that helps.

John

Offline Jondi99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 29 August 13 10:01 BST (UK) »
Hello again Phil,

I had a PM from Eastbury who had been looking up records.  It seems your 48x + magnifier worked well as he confirms "Bussell" was the witness "William _______".  He could still be a relation and is worth a bit of searching to find out so there is another route to filling in the gaps.

Regards,

John

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 29 August 13 10:55 BST (UK) »
Hi John

Im glad that the name has been sorted out at last & do hope ot turns out to be a relative as a lot of the witnesses were, it just makes a lot more work for you to do when you get fed up of searching for brick walls & decide to research another line - I know the feeling well  :)

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 16 January 14 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi There

I was looking at my own record last night (wish I had them here at the library with me) & noticed there was an Andrews marriage at Severn Stoke & it did say the groom was of Pershore st Andrew

I hope this is of some help

All ther very best

Phil
Weston-super-Mare
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline Jondi99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 16 January 14 19:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Phil,

My PC hard drive failed just before Christmas and I've been having fun fitting a new drive, recovering my data and backing everything up again for the past week or so.  PCs are such a joy!!!

That marriage may well be interesting.  As I know you have gathered the Andrews clan in that area is numerous to say the least and it is far from impossible there is a link.  Most of those I have found in Pershore are Holy Cross, but others do show up in the St. Andrew records as well as some outlying parishes.  As yet I've not found a link to Severn Stoke, but I am still working my way out from there mainly toward Wyre Piddle, Pinvin and Drakes Broughton at the minute.  I know there are some strong links in that direction as my father was born in Worcester but his grandfather in Wyre Piddle. If I find anything I'll certainly post.

Let me know if you find anything interesting.

Best wishes.

John

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi John

I hope your new hard drive lasts a lot longer than the onbe that recently packed up on you - personally I save all my trees in outline format to portable flash drives as it makes it easier to send anyone an outline tree as an e mail attachment. I hope you can find a link to Severn Stoke at sometime in the future as its now very far from Pershore is it

All the very best

Phil
Weston-super-Mare
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell