Author Topic: Butti family 1796  (Read 39370 times)

ceylon05

Re: Butti family 1796
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 15 April 12 10:20 BST (UK) »
There is an actual photograph of a couple of Butti's;

Peter Louis Butti and James Alexander Butti in the Scottish Catholic Archives in Edinburgh. You can order copies from the staff at the archive.

Offline ClementsM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 10 July 14 12:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Josie,

If you are interested in discussing the London Butti Family i can be reached at marcusaclements at aol dot com

There could be a connection between the two of us.

I am researching the Butti side of my family and the names i have confirmed in my line at the moment are as follows;

William Alexander Stephen Butti
Emily Butti

Look forward to hearing from you

Marcus

Offline osmposm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Colonel John
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 23 December 16 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Much of this thread is now very old; but if anyone is still following it, you may be interested to know that portraits of LOUIS JOSEPH BUTTI ("Edinburgh Antiques dealer") and his wife Mary Teresa are coming up at auction in Edinburgh at Lyon & Turnbull on 25th January: http://bit.ly/2hhTlml

Offline irvine 1805

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 27 December 16 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Very interesting. I am indirectly related to Butti in Edinburgh. I wonder who is selling these?

I won't be bidding. Too much ££ for me!!

Offline scottclarkpainting

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 23 June 17 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hi.

I have a document handwritten by Peter Butti in 1885 certifying the birth of my great-great-grandmother.

I'm researching my Irish ancestors. My g-g-gm had been born in Pennsylvania and upon her family's return to Dundee they needed the local R.C. church to issue a certificate that could then be countersigned by the factory surgeon to confirm the girl was old enough to go into the mills to work. She was 11 at the time. Peter Butti issued the certificate.

I've put the image of the certificate through image editing software to remove the surgeon's signature, allowing for easier reading of the text.

I always to do a little sideways research on the people that touched the story of my folks along the way as this, I find, gives a much fuller picture of who my family members were, where they went, who they met etc.

For this reason I've found out who Peter Butti was and found this image of him in the Catholic Archives (previously mentioned in this forum thread.)

All the best,

Scott

Certificate:
Father: John Carr
Mother: Elizabeth (Eliza) Dolan
Daughter: Mary Teresa Carr
R.C. Priest issuing certificate: Peter Louis Butti
Lochee Factory Certifying Surgeon: Dr. James Kinnaird Lennox

Offline danbonino

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 19 February 22 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi again
I'm actually linked to the Mitchell side, the Elizabeth Mitchell (my 3rd G Grandaunt) who married Louis Joseph Butti ( she was the widow of John Nolli). When I came across the Butti's, the name was just a wee bit unusual for Scotland and I decided research needed to be done.
Elizabeth had a sister, Isabella who married, 1st Fortune Leonardi and after he died she wed Antony Lazzaroni, so they had a penchant for Italians LOL

Fiona

Hi Fiona et al

Interesting thread. I have a very tangential
interest as my great x 3 uncle married one Alicia Lazzaroni who was the niece of Anthony Lazzaroni mentoned above.

I believe he came from Lucca and arrived with his brother  nicholas in Liverpool c 1833 and the. travelled to Edinburgh. Nicholas stayed in liverpool and then moved to dublin.

I imagine the Buttis, Nollis and Lazzaronis would have known each other as they all started out in Canongate. Anthony became a figure maker of some local repute. He has a couple of statues in the Royal college of physicians it seems.

Like just about everyone else in this thread he was married twice ! Before Isabell there was Elizabeth Barclay.

If you anyone here has any other info on the Lazzaroni family In Edinburgh I would be v interested

Cheers

Dan

Offline danbonino

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 19 February 22 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Isabel mitchell had just one child with her first husband Fortune Leonardi: George b 1844. I’d like to find out what happened to him. When Isabel remarried to Lazzaroni he took on the patters surname and yet by 1851 he was living not with his mother and stepfather but with one of Isabel’s sisters Sarah who was just 21 at the time and I think recently widowed. It seems an odd turn of events. George joined the navy in his teens and then disappeared off the map. No record of him dying at sea so I imagine he maybe settled abroad on his travels....

Offline Dexile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 22:58 BST (UK) »
Just saw the name "Butti" and it rang a bell with me. I was in Canongate Kirkyard last week taking some general photographs, thought these might be of some interest to those researching Butti/Nolli/Mitchell/Lazzaroni families.

Alan