Author Topic: Isaac Youngs - ?Inverness  (Read 4005 times)

Offline Blue_angel2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Looking here & there, trying to find em everywhere
    • View Profile
Isaac Youngs - ?Inverness
« on: Monday 25 February 08 07:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
further to my earlier query on my Young ancestors, who we believed to have come from Invernesshire, SCotland, we have found him, and also his parents names (in US and Canada actually), and I am wondering if any of you have any resources which may lead to finding HIS ancestors, who are believed to be the ones who came from Invernesshire??

Emery YOUNGS was my elusive ancestor, and he was born in Lanark, Ontario, Canada in about 1832, to Isaac Youngs and Charlotte ........ Isaac was apparently born in New York State, in about 1801, and we are only presuming that HIS father's name is Isaac too.

I am wondering if there are any records of Youngs/Young families in Inverness before 1800 who may have those names, or could perhaps provide further leads to follow up.

There is a story that one of Emery's ancestors in Scotland (before their emigration to the US probably - unless it is another rellie) was a food taster to the king?????

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
Barb

researching:YOUNGS/YOUNG 1800's>Canada>USA>Aus:
CASTLE, Wickhambreaux area Kent>Aus:
CORKE/CORK, Kent, ENG >  AUST
SUTER, Birmingham, Warwickshire>Aus
TAYLOR, STOREY, DAVIES, BROWN, HOLROYD, POTTS, Manchester, Eng
KAY, Manchester
SHEA Co Cork Ireland >O'SHEA NSW AUST:
DONNELLY, co Tyrone Ireland>Oz:
HURRELL, Barnstaple, DEV > NSW AUST:
COFFEY, IRE; London>NSW, AUST
MOYES, unknown >AUST
MILLARD, BLAKE, BASCOMB: ENG
MILLER, SCT>Oz
HOOD Belfast, IRE >SCT>AUST
NEILSON, Lanarkshire, SCT> AUST

Offline Marie Davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Youngs - ?Inverness
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 April 14 06:08 BST (UK) »
Barb if you are still around it am interested in working with you on this. :) not sure how old this posting is.

Offline Blue_angel2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Looking here & there, trying to find em everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 April 14 06:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Marie,
Lovely to hear from you. Emery is also my gggrandfather and i have quite a bit of info on the family. Do you have any photos? I have one of G Auntie Tot (Wealthy Meakins) and also one of her mum Wealthy Young, but would love to have more of the old family photos. Where do you fit in the tree? I am gathering the Meakins line. I am descended on my mum's side from his daughter Janet Emily (Emily). G Auntie Tot wanted mum named Wealthy after her too, but she wasn't. She married my grandpa's brother Albert. Can you please email me at brbrmllr53 at gmail dot com so we can share notes and get to know each other better?

Emery was definitely from Canada, and apparently he did jump ship but i haven't actually found out the details of that, as his full name isn't given in the shipping records. The mix-up when i first put the message on Rootschat was because his birthplace was given as Invernesshire on his death certificate, so it wasn't until another researcher put me straight that i was able to track him down further. By then i forgot that i had put the original message up - sorry! He was born 29 Apr 1831 Montague Township Lanark, Ontario Canada.  Baptism 17 Jul 1832 METHODIST, RIDEAU, FRONTENAC, ONTARIO moved to USA with his family when little came out here married Mary Ann Castle had his family here, and died 1908 in Adelaide SA

Hoping to hear from you soon.  :)
Cheers.
researching:YOUNGS/YOUNG 1800's>Canada>USA>Aus:
CASTLE, Wickhambreaux area Kent>Aus:
CORKE/CORK, Kent, ENG >  AUST
SUTER, Birmingham, Warwickshire>Aus
TAYLOR, STOREY, DAVIES, BROWN, HOLROYD, POTTS, Manchester, Eng
KAY, Manchester
SHEA Co Cork Ireland >O'SHEA NSW AUST:
DONNELLY, co Tyrone Ireland>Oz:
HURRELL, Barnstaple, DEV > NSW AUST:
COFFEY, IRE; London>NSW, AUST
MOYES, unknown >AUST
MILLARD, BLAKE, BASCOMB: ENG
MILLER, SCT>Oz
HOOD Belfast, IRE >SCT>AUST
NEILSON, Lanarkshire, SCT> AUST

Offline Marie Davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 April 14 08:36 BST (UK) »
Hi I was so excited to find this info last night. I'll email you. I have the photo of Wealthy Young, Mary Ann Castle and Sarah Griggs. I'll email what I have got :) I've only just started researching, I have one of the 3 Wealtheys (Tot, Joy Trish)

Offline Marie Davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 April 14 12:39 BST (UK) »
This got me inspired to do some more searching. There is another Wealthey, Annie Youngs granddaughter.
I also spotted a E Young on the crew of the Yarra Yarra in 1854 born abt 1830