Author Topic: Alexander Fraser-Inverness county any info at all would be helpful!  (Read 9643 times)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Fraser-Inverness county any info at all would be helpful!
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 17 February 13 19:10 GMT (UK) »
This is the marriage I found on SP -
Alexander Fraser / Margaret Paterson 1897 Inverness , Inverness

Given what we have so far this seems to be the best match  :-\

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 17 February 13 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Taken off anc tree Ev, so you could well be right on that death year.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Jo Ann Sandhu

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 August 14 23:16 BST (UK) »
I am the great granddaughter of the Alexander Fraser that you have posted a picture of. He died in a Saint John, NB hospital in 1925.  My grandmother was his eldest daughter, Margaret Fraser born in Scotland in 1899.  My great Grandmother was born Margaret Patterson on September 20, 1875.

There was a history written about the KentWestmorland 145th Infantry Battalion that was based on the diary of a cousin Vincent Goodwin of my grandfather; John Dixon Goodwin who was a member of the battalion as well. My grandmother was extensively interviewed for the book and  there are more family pictures in the book.

http://books.google.ca/books/about/Memories_of_the_forgotten_war.html?id=DPQ-AQAAIAAJ

Would appreciate any links that provide more detailed information that you have