Author Topic: Kill. Co., Waterford  (Read 12936 times)

Offline vasaborg

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kill. Co., Waterford
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 21 March 13 13:42 GMT (UK) »
From Waterfordcountylibrary.ie Death registers - date of death 14th June 1868 , place of death Kill, name Patrick Gooley, age 75 Labourer , married, informant, Bridget Gooley, present at death, perhaps a relation, there are other Gooleys in the death register index.

Offline marysma

• RootsChat Senior
  • Sofia--3yrs on
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 21 March 13 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Hey Marysma,

You mentioned that your Christopher family was from Co. Waterford. My Christophers were from Kilmacthomas. By any chance were yours from there?

Thanks

Hi there,

my gg,grandmother was Catherine Christopher(c 1845) and her father was James Christopher,I gleaned this from her wedding cert  Cardiff 1863.Father deceased at time of her marriage.

From Wales census her birth place is Waterford,but from what town I have not been able to find out.

There is a Catherine Christopher in Wales census (Cardiff)but I  unable to make out the birthplace-it looks like Kelm,Ireland-so not sure if this is her or not or if there is a place named Kelm.

Catherine married a Robert Flynn in 1865 but cannot find them in 1871 census for Cardiff as the page I need seems to be missing >:(.

Very frustrating not knowing!

marysma
Horn/Horne,Johnston,East Lothian
Horn/e, Farquhar,Shanks,Reid,Geddes, Banff and Buckie

Petrie--Moray/Portgordon
Shanks,Moray

Morgan,Peirce,Thomas,Branch,South Wales

Crimmins/Crimin, Ring, Co,Cork.

Flynn-- Dungarvan,Waterford,Ireland.
Christopher, Waterford

Pride and Long ,Newington Bagpath,Glous,England.

Offline McGrath_downunder

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 January 14 00:45 GMT (UK) »
I live in Kill, Co.Waterford any help you need let me know. Anastasia was one of the old popular names here.

Castlemcauliffe

Hi Castlemecauliffe,
I am trying to trace family originating from Kill.  Michael McGrath born around 1850/60 migrated to NZ around 1880.  Married a Kathleen Morahan in NZ who also was Irish and assume from same region.  Michael McGrath is I believed to be buried in Kill death would have been around 1900.  He was a publican, horse trainer and a drunk, had a brother called Maurice migrated NZ and a paster William(Bill) who all migrated to Australia then NZ.  Any info on how to search for family information would be great.  Family names include Maurice, Thomas, William, John and Patrick...I know there must be a million of McGraths in Ireland with these names.
Regards
McGrath_downunder