Author Topic: croxford shop in shude hill manchester  (Read 6388 times)

Offline Chris C 22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: croxford shop in shude hill manchester
« Reply #18 on: Friday 04 May 12 18:00 BST (UK) »
Borderman  Yes, I too have the Croxford lineage in Wendover and agree with you about Mary Vere.

For Daniel and Eliza I have ten children, which includes the two extra you mention along with Harriet Ann b 1833 after George and Eliza Emma b 1843 after Sarah Jane - all of which sent to me from another Croxford researcher some years ago.

For George and Ellen (Picker) Croxford (m 1852) I have four children, Alice b. 1855, Frederick G b. 1856, ELIZA ELLEN b. ? married JOSEPH PINK (my gt grandparents) and Alfred b. 1879.

I came across something yesterday that set me thinking.  I found a marriage of Daniel Croxford to Ellizabeth Delaney on Jan 27th 1829 at St Phillip's Church, BIRMINGHAM, which is only a hop, skip and a jump from Wendover!

I know it could easily be another Daniel Croxford but just suppose that he left Wendover initially to go to Birmingham and met and married Elizabeth Delaney.  Sadly, Elizabeth dies sometime before December 1830 and Daniel, for whatever reason, travels further north to Manchester and meets Eliza Thomas and they marry on 30th Dec 1830!

If the marriage register for Manchester Cathedral has Daniel Croxford widower written, there might be something in it - but then again I could be way off the mark!

I think the line of George's wife, Eliza Thomas, will be very difficult to follow unless we have some luck.

Chris C 22

Offline borderman

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 13 May 12 11:23 BST (UK) »
CHRIS C22; BROWSING AROUND I CAME ACROOS THE FOLLOWING;CAROLINE CROXFORD..SAMUEL SIMPSON CROXFORD A YARN AGENT..DOUBLER..COMMISSION AGENT..FROM THE LONDON GAZETTE 1874..ALSO MARGARET RUTH CROXFORD SAILED ON SS VALETTA OCT 1884 TO MELBOURNE AND THEN SYDNEY;ALSO MARGARET RUTH CROXFORD OPERATING A LADIES LUNCHEON CLUB IN STRETFORD CALLED CROXFORD AND ROWE...A NEW NAME APPEARED..ELIZABETH ABODE? UNLESS ABODE HAS BEEN MISUSED..

Offline Simon62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 25 October 22 11:14 BST (UK) »
Hello Borderman and Chris C,

I'm descended from Craston (my grandmother Helena Craston) and have Picker, Holden, Croxford, Pink in the Craston/Hasslehurst cousin line. Chris C I think we are 7th cousins.

Simon

Craston
Bimson
Walker, Halifax
Bardsley, Cheshire
Bentley, Halifax
Fawcett, Westmorland
Batty, Kirkby Lonsdale
Tomlinson, Longridge