Author Topic: Yet another old pub  (Read 11364 times)

Offline RobertSmale44

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another old pub
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 24 May 14 11:30 BST (UK) »
To Trees

Okay have modified my memo. Not sure how this works just saw someone was looking for information. The photograph I have shows the Inn and the outer buildings attached to it there was also a small blacksmiths at the back side of the Inn. The Garden area is very rich in the soil in our field. But there is nothing to state it was there at all just local knowledge from us.

Liam

Offline Carol David

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 13 December 16 18:29 GMT (UK) »
I have photos of the pub

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 14 December 16 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Wow this is a blast from the past.
A big welcome to ROOTS CHAT Carol and it is good to catch up with you again Liam
Many thanks both I would love to see the photos of the pub, if either of you can send one that would be great i'll send you both my e mail address by the pm system
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 17 December 16 11:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trees

Im sure I sent you a message some time ago about the Hawford Inn & I think it said a cousin of mine could remember it being kept by a mother & son - the pub has been gone for a long time & I never remember it but would have had no cause to when going from Kidderminster to Worcester to watch the cricket at New Road Ground.

I am going to the county for Christmas so will try top pump my cousin for information again as he likes talking the old buildings & was born & has lived at Hartlebury & is 85 years old so has a lot of knowledge of the county

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 17 December 16 11:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trees

I just looked through the replies to this posting & if you look at page 2 you will see mine at the top of the page - which comes from the cousin I said I would ask about it.  I know that he has a book titled Worcestershire historic pubs (as I bought it him) so will have a look at that as well

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 17 December 16 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Phil its been an age since we were active on this one. I am well behind with my updating. My sight has been steadily deteriorating, they thought I needed two cataracts removed but after doing the first they have discovered my problem was behind the retina and I have to have a bit more complicated surgery hopefully once that is done in the new year I'll be able to get back to some good Family History work.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 22 December 16 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trees

Ive asked my cousin again to see if he can elaborate on what he told me about the old Hawford Inn before but he cant add anything more & I looked at the book of Worcestershire Historic Pubs I bought him & the Hawford Inn isn't in the book - it looks as though the only pubs in it are the ones still standing.  Mind you Im in the right place to try & find something out about the pub as Im on holiday in the county of my birth till New Year, please don't rely on me but I'll try to find something else out for you

All the very best

Phil
sending this posting from Kidderminster library :)
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell