Author Topic: Davies of llywell  (Read 27228 times)

Offline Garethwj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Davies of llywell
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 02 August 12 13:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for this.  It was the breakthrough I was looking for. Lewis Price was my great grandfather, however the only thing I could find through the online records was the record of his death (committed suicide by hanging himself in the hayloft belonging to Ystradfawr farm, Ystradgynlais, where he worked as the farm bailiff, dated 1909).  Obviously dropped the Shute element of his surname, but with that all the rest has fallen into place.
Many thanks to all of you.

Offline garfydd

• I am sorry but my email address has been disabled
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 02 August 12 15:35 BST (UK) »
I descend from Rees Price Shute brother of Lewis. Famous family of illeg. Family shared with late Mona Morgan.
Garfydd

Offline Garethwj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 03 August 12 07:01 BST (UK) »
That's amazing. That makes us distant relatives!  I would really appreciate it if you could share your tree on the Shute side.  When you say famous illegal family, what do you mean?  Also, why would Lewis drop the Shute surname?

Gareth

Offline garfydd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 03 August 12 10:21 BST (UK) »
Anwyl Garethwj
I am not very with computers=can do emails

Moderator comment: email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message system to pass such information if necessary.

& google but cannot do "enclosures". A famous family of "illegit"=illegitimates! I have a number of A4 reconstructions for our shared kin. My paternal gd.mother was Elizabeth Thomas(1876-1940), Penyrynys,Cray. Her mother Elizabeth Price(1854-1885 an illegitimate d/o Hannah Charles)=William Thomas.  Her mother Hannah Charles(illegitimate d/o Rachel Charles)=Rees Price Shute and had a few legitimate children. She the d/o Rachel Charles d/o Lewis(a family from Talley, Llandeilofawr,Cmn.) These "Charles/Price" ended up, amongst other places, at Posty, Tygwyn & Penyrynys in Cray, Breconshire. A number then moved to Cadxoton, Longford & Neath.

Offline Garethwj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 04 August 12 11:35 BST (UK) »
Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 3 August 2012 11:33:13 GMT+01:00
To: *
Subject: Shute et al
Garfydd
Maybe easier to communicate directly by email.  I have done online ancestry searches on Rees Price Shute, but can find nothing. Do you know who Rees/Lewis parents were?  Were there any other sibings?  What is your relationship to Rees?
Thanks
Gareth

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline garfydd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 15:03 BST (UK) »
anwyl Gareth wj
answer to your questions yes, yes. My 3x gt.gd.parents. Lewis Price Shute's widow remarried( a Pritchard off the top of my head) & kept a pub in Llywel.  Her M.I. at Callwen, part vandalized by a relative said not to be too pleased by the second marriage. Yr wyf fi yn byw yn Lloegr.
Garfydd'

Offline Garethwj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 16:20 BST (UK) »
Garfydd

Mary Price, my great grandmother did indeed remarry Ivor Pritchard and ran the Three Horseshoes in Trecastle.  I have obtained the birth certificate for Lewis, born 1875 in Pantyfynow, ystrdgunlais, son of Rees Shute and Hannah, formerly Price.

Offline garfydd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 08 August 12 11:31 BST (UK) »
Anwyl Gareth wj
I would be interested in the birth cert. details for Lewis bo. 1875 at Pantyfynnon(the spring hollow), Ystradgynlais-Need to check my records as I have a lot of Shute etc. certificates. Hannah on the 1875 birth cert. should be Hannah Charles. I recently had an articled published in Cronicl Powys illustrating how the illegit iss. of Hannah had their surnames altered to conceal the situation=Powell, Williams, Price etc. Hannah, the first child of Elizabeth Charles, was born 20 Dec. 1854, father unknown but we did have a few ideas.  Elizabeth did later(after 4 illegits.) marry Wm. Thomas = my gt. gd.parents.The great mystery/debate is why this family had so many illegitimates-were they a predessor of the current single family phenomena?
The Shutes came from Llanfairarybryn, Rees might be the son of a John

Offline Garethwj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 09 August 12 08:33 BST (UK) »
There's not much more on the birth certificate other than stating that Rees was a coal labourer.  What is MI?