Author Topic: Edgar Williams/??Watts Family  (Read 4764 times)

Offline Carol Mack

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Edgar Williams/??Watts Family
« on: Monday 19 November 12 11:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I'm sure I will be swiftly redirected if necessary!!!!
Anyway, here goes!

I'm looking for any descendants of Edgar Williams who won first prize at Brecon Gymnasium on May 22nd 1891. I have his original certificate, which I found in an old Bible which also contains two family trees: Luke, James, Joseph, Harriett, Phillis (sic),Richard, Benjamin and Maria- all born between 1795 and 1814, but no surname. Also listed is a family tree of Watts - James, Richard, Harriett, Maria, Elizabeth, Sarah and Mary born between 1832 and 1845. I'm sure must be a connection between these families and Edgar Williams.

I have contacted Powys County archives who will have the certificate and possibly place it in the Brecon Museum but I am having a last attempt to find Edgar's descendants before I do that.

The competition is recorded in the Powys website - and Edgar won with a grand total of eighty and a half marks!

If anyone can help I'd love to hear from you.

Regards,

Carol

McVitty: Co. Donegal, Canada and Worldwide!
Kilpatrick: Co. Donegal
White: Co.Tyrone/Donegal
Ellison: Co.Tyrone/Donegal
Fleetwood: Yorkshire.
Hassell:London,  Shadrake:London & Essex.
Jenkins/Gardner Devon

Offline Carol Mack

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Edgar Williams/Watts/Davies
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 January 13 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,
I have made good progress on what I believe to be Edgar's family through his mother's side, which I thought I would share for the benefit of 'Rootschatters' and also hopefully might ring a bell with someone!

Edgar Williams was born on 22nd Feb. 1872 baptised 20th March 1872 Brecon, St. David.

His mother was Elizabeth Watts (1839) of the Watts family in the Bible. His father was William Williams.They were married 18th August 1861 Brecon St. David.

Edgar's Grandmother (maternal) was Maria Davies (1814) youngest daughter of Caleb Davies (1766-1862) and Sarah. This is the family with no surname in the Bible. Maria married Isaac Watts on 26th August 1830.

Edgar is single and living alone at 69 Orchard St. Brecon on the 1911 census, age 39.

So there we are - they all seem to have lived in the Brecon St. Davids area. I have more information on some of the family members - if anyone is interested please contact me.

Regards,

Carol

Jenkins/Gardner Devon

Offline mellyp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Edgar Williams/??Watts Family
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 April 13 11:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

I am a descendant of this watts family.  I have only just found message and have to leave for work in the next 5 minutes, but i will reply with more detail later on this evening.

Regards

Imelda
Watts - Brecon,Swansea
Collins - Cork, Swansea
Appleyard - Ireland, Swansea
Igo/Higo - Ireland, Manchester

Offline Carol Mack

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 April 13 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Imelda,

Fantastic!! I still have the family Bible and Edgar's certificate! I really look forward to hearing from you. I have to go out this evening but I will get back to you asap.

Regards,

Carol
Jenkins/Gardner Devon

Offline mellyp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 11:48 BST (UK) »
hi Carol

i have sent you a pm

imelda
Watts - Brecon,Swansea
Collins - Cork, Swansea