Author Topic: James William Stewart of Foss Perthshire died Australia 1881  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
James William Stewart of Foss Perthshire died Australia 1881
« on: Monday 15 December 14 06:23 GMT (UK) »
Whilst researching  my Wyatt ancestors who settled at Buchan Victoria Australia , I have discovered a burial which might be of interest to others.

James William Stewart a grazier aged 53/54 years , son of Joseph Stewart of Foss , Inverness-shire Scotland.
His burial place is above the house at " Sunny Point", ( home of Joseph Wyatt and Martha.
The grave was marked by a broken headstone which reads " erected in loving memory of James William Stewart from Foss , Perthshire, who died at Buchan Australia , 6.12.1881 aged 53 years."

The death is Reg. No 9629 of 1881.

I am posting this in case someone is familiar with this family.

Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline IMBER

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James William Stewart of Foss Perthshire died Australia 1881
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 December 14 06:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Some confusion here perhaps? You have this under Inverness-shire yet mentioned a connection with Perthshire. There is certainly a Foss in Perthshire. Perhaps a mod will take a look at this?

Imber
Skewis (Wales and Scotland), Ayers (Maidenhead, Berkshire), Hildreth (Berkshire)

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 December 14 07:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks imber
Sorry if I am causing confusion.
The details quoted are exactly as recorded.
I am hoping someone might have an interest.
Thanks
Rex
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 December 14 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Topic moved to Perthshire.

Previous post with replies -
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=685723.msg5300324#msg5300324

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records