Author Topic: BURNSIDE, PATTERSON, BROWN connections  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Overton72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
BURNSIDE, PATTERSON, BROWN connections
« on: Sunday 24 April 11 13:36 BST (UK) »
Australia,Victoria.
Query-has anyone got these pattersons,Brown or Burnside in their family?...

Dawn lorraine Patterson born March 1937...The eldest child of unknown Patterson and robert Burnside.Dawn was born in melbourne,victoria.She was brought up by her mothers mother,unknown Patterson nee Brown.Patterson nee Brown had married a German guy who changed the surname to Patterson,but don't know what from or what part of Germany he originated,we are told they spent some time in Camp pell in Victoria,where,he Patterson was supposed to of died?.Patterson nee brown later lived on Warandyte Rd at Research Victoria with a Charles William Riseley who was a leather dresser.Riseley is buried at Castlemaine cemetery and died in 1971.Dawn was the eldest of unkwn Patterson and Robert Burnside.Dawn, at 17 married George James Overton,son of George Percival Overton and Alice Grace Norman.Dawn died oc cancer and is buried at Warrnambool Vict cemetery,she died in 1989.George James Overton died in 1991 of a heart attack and is buried at Donald,victoria cemetary.Any family connections/rellies etc or info please contact me.Thank-you in advance. overton72.

Attached is a photo of Dawn Overton nee Patterson,with her husband George James Overton.both are deceased.

Last but not least...maybe someone has a copy..of a photo of a Robert burnside a well dressed man standing by a surry/surrie with a building in the background..maybe a bank?...my hubbys mum had one when alive but it wad destroyed in a house fire...if anyone has this photo..my hubby would recognize it.
England ,wardrobe,buzza /Buzzo >Penzance ,St Hilary,Cornwall.
Richards,Roberts,Parrish,Paris,Norton,knight,. Whear,Sparnon,squires, Fenwick ,

Scotland-hardy,McRae,Morris,walker,burnside.>Glasgow to Australia.

Ireland-Jobson,plunkett,

Germany>Ballarat vic >? To Patterson>miner.

Offline Overton72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BURNSIDE, PATTERSON, BROWN and more connections updated/corrected.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 December 14 01:20 GMT (UK) »
Australia,Victoria.
Query-has anyone got these pattersons,Brown or Burnside in their family?...

Below info is wrong way around or not completely correct . Updated 2014 dec

Henry & mary Patterson Nee Canute (Lubeck schleswig Holstein?) occupation farmer...family lore n australian marriage cert of son.

Son Carl/Karl @ Charles Frederick Patterson immigrated said july 1859 via mail steamer the Mauritius
From Hamburg via London to Australia settled Sebastapol near Ballarat vic.Miner.lived Sebastapol 150 Albert at.
M 1867 Skipton st  Christian bible church  to Emma Ward daughter to Edward Mormon Ward & Charlotte Pitts.

Kids
Ellen Maud m Albert Oliver Chappell
Janet Victoria m Arthur Ward
Alfred Ernest m Georgina Collins and Martha Mathews
Frank m Margaret maggie mellor Irving
Amy Louisa m Jonathan Hopkins
Rosa Caroline
Louisa Caroline died infancy
Alice Dora think maybe mum of Edmund patterson buried same grave ?.
Charles ward Patterson died in infancy
Frederick Charles m sarah Ellen  Aitkins daughter of Martha brown and George henry Aitkins - (sarah aka died as ellen Riseley 2nd marriage to Charles clarence william riseley.

Fred and Sarahs kids-
Leo Barton patterson aka leo Barton Halton m Florence smith
Frederick Alfred charles m Elizabeth Cullinan /sheppard
Laura Mavis m John James dunn then ran off with Ronald Albert allen
Gladys Thelma m James Cunningham burnside (born James burnside  Glasgow ) later m uknown mason d as mason.
Ernest Edgar dec in infancy.

Dawn lorraine Overton nee Patterson daughter of Gladys Thelma Patterson and James c Burnside.(Scottish) dawn m George James Overton son of George Percy Overton aka Percy and Alice Grace Norman

Dawns other spouse Neville Schmidt son of Richard and Gwen Schmidt of Warrnambool.
Dawn had 14 kids not all to George or Neville.
Some connection to sid Patterson Aus cyclist and weir-Schmidt link atm unknown.

My husband is son if dawn second son,4th child.

Some names in tree Burnside,Walker,Barr,Cuthbertson,Knight,Oldenhoff,Collins,Gee,Mooney,Mathews,Kendall,Williams,Hart,Chappell,Rus,Ward,Pitts,Norris,Holmes,BollInger,Holmes,Overton,Tressider,Benson,Johnstone,Taynton,Singleton,Nash,Dunn,Scaulton, weir-Schmidt (somewhere) Hopkins,Mellor Irving,King,Reid,Schmidt,Roberts,White,Richards,Richardson, Murphy, flett, Rowley, Ash,, Baxter,Stanborough,many more some are distant relatives..

Author-hoverton72
Qld au

Fred

Dawn lorraine Patterson born March 1937...The eldest child of unknown Patterson and robert Burnside.Dawn was born in melbourne,victoria.She was brought up by her mothers mother,unknown Patterson nee Brown.Patterson nee Brown had married a German guy who changed the surname to Patterson,but don't know what from or what part of Germany he originated,we are told they spent some time in Camp pell in Victoria,where,he Patterson was supposed to of died?.Patterson nee brown later lived on Warandyte Rd at Research Victoria with a Charles William Riseley who was a leather dresser.Riseley is buried at Castlemaine cemetery and died in 1971.Dawn was the eldest of unkwn Patterson and Robert Burnside.Dawn, at 17 married George James Overton,son of George Percival Overton and Alice Grace Norman.Dawn died oc cancer and is buried at Warrnambool Vict cemetery,she died in 1989.George James Overton died in 1991 of a heart attack and is buried at Donald,victoria cemetary.Any family connections/rellies etc or info please contact me.Thank-you in advance. overton72.

Attached is a photo of Dawn Overton nee Patterson,with her husband George James Overton.both are deceased.

Last but not least...maybe someone has a copy..of a photo of a Robert burnside a well dressed man standing by a surry/surrie with a building in the background..maybe a bank?...my hubbys mum had one when alive but it wad destroyed in a house fire...if anyone has this photo..my hubby would recognize it.

Ireland-Jobson,plunkett,

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BURNSIDE, PATTERSON, BROWN connections
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 December 14 02:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi  :)

There has been no response since your first post in 2011. 

Do you need or want help with this family as this is what's rootschat is about....helping people with their family research. 

If you do need any help perhaps you could post a specific request.

I hope you haven't posted any names of living or possible living people.  Not permitted here.

Cheers  :)
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Overton72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 11 December 14 04:10 GMT (UK) »
no living not mentioned. Also it's just an update to original thread where my information was not quite correct...in case others are after info on same family that's all.

Ireland-Jobson,plunkett,

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 11 December 14 04:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Are you asking for help with a look up for information from offline resources that might include info about your deceased ancestors, or are you just hoping that a living relative will contact you via Rootschat?

http://www.sahof.org.au/hall-of-fame/member-profile/?memberID=422&memberType=athlete Sid Patterson

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Overton72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 11 December 14 04:34 GMT (UK) »
The information last posted here in regards to this family/post I updated today as information in the
original posting was incorrect as to who people were etc...the updated information i posted here today is the updated information which now updated and correct.

I have since my original posting in 2011 come along way with this family but I do have one block.

However my intentions are with the hope that other members will contact me if theyre related now that the information has now been corrected.

This family is my husbands relatives/tree that I am working on.

i do hope that it was okay for me to update the information???.

Kind Regards

Overton72
11-12-2014.

Ireland-Jobson,plunkett,

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 11 December 14 04:46 GMT (UK) »
I am sure no one is critical of your posting information about your deceased ancestors.    But, as Cando has already explained,  RootsChat is about helping each other with our research, so usually the Originator of the thread would be asking for help rather than just posting information.   So for example, your updated info does not indicate if you need anyone to use their own resources and provide you with a look up for the reference no. for a BDM certificate for a particular event in a specific state in Australia, to help you validate your own research.

Here's a thread that explains it a whole lot better  :)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=368728.0

Cheers,  JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Overton72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 11 December 14 04:55 GMT (UK) »
Originally I did require help but noone answered  probably as the information was  mainly the wrong way around ,hence maybe why nobody replied..

I do have one block still with this family but  since I have little information about him/my block (Charles Patterson) outside of Australia (and Australian docs didn't help) and he is my block is from Germany, but I do not know how you could help without further information. I am also searching still for Burnside/Walker relations in Scotland that i am yet to get information about past 1919.

I understand where you are coming from..but i thought that if I updated it it would help others researching the same if the information was correct...but I get it no need to explain further!.

:-)

Overton72

my German block I made in new thread- called my German block
And my Walker Burnside stuff Im researching is under Walker.

hope i did the right thing

Ireland-Jobson,plunkett,