Author Topic: detheridge howard and alfred  (Read 1845 times)

Offline avalonx

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
detheridge howard and alfred
« on: Monday 05 February 07 01:43 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any info on Detheridge family Aston Parish.Second cousins to Dora Watkins of Charles Road,Aston, Birmingham.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED !  ???
Watkins:Henwood:Ford:Detheridge

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: detheridge howard and alfred
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 February 07 10:44 GMT (UK) »
You don't mention the timescale you're looking at, but could this be Howard's birth?

Births Jun 1911   (>99%)
DETHERIDGE    Howard V        
Aston 6d 366

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline avalonx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 February 07 18:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rambler, Thanks so much for your reply. I have a little more information  but it is a little vague. However, here it is :
Howard and Alfreds father went by the name of Aloysius Detheridge. He was married  to Louisa Ford. Ford was her married name from her first husband.Prior to that she was known as Louisa Kirby-Clarke. Louisa and John Ford had a daughter called Beatrice Born 5/9/1897. ( My Grandmother).
John Ford subsequently died ( he was a gunsmith in Birmingham).
Louisa married Aloysius Detheridge and inherited 2 stepsons,Howard and Alfred.
They obviously became half-brothers to my Grandmother,hence becoming half-cousins to my mother. My mother was born in 1920m and it is my understanding that Howard & Alfred were indeed older,so chronologically I thinks it is possible that the Howard you mention may be the one I am searching for !
Phew ! If you can help me to throw any further light on these boys, I would be grateful !

Regards xxx

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 February 07 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Here's Louisa's second marriage:

Marriages Dec 1908   
DETHERIDGE    Aloysius J J A           
FORD    Louisa Hughes   
Birmingham 6d 230

And this might be Alfred with iffy spelling:

Births Sep 1909
DETHRIDGE   Alfred Thomas        
Aston 6d 334

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline avalonx

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 February 07 20:50 GMT (UK) »
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH !! Fast or what !!  I can now try and see how far I go from here ! I have sooo many stories about this family !   Ermmm Im also looking for a George Morely  ( gloucester) ? ( somehow connecetd to these folks)  and an Edwin, known as "Edwin the boy who bost " !!!   Heavens knows why he "bost" ? maybe spontaneous combustion !   ;D   xxx

Offline caz21612

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 June 14 01:13 BST (UK) »
hi - i notice your post was put on here a long time ago now but i have only just come across this site and so have only just joined and am not yet sure exactly how the site works........louisa clarke who then married a ford is one of my relatives - louisa had a sister called ellen kirby clarke who was my great grandmother - i have been doing my tree for many years but have come to a lot of dead ends so am now trying to track people down who may be able to help me fill in the blanks...would you happen to have a tree on ancestry? failing that could we swap info on here so we can help each other out?
regards
caz