Author Topic: Absent Voters List (Electoral Rolls) 1918/1919  (Read 8990 times)

Offline LibbyW

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Hannah Louise Robins 1877-1946
    • View Profile
Absent Voters List (Electoral Rolls) 1918/1919
« on: Tuesday 20 June 06 08:42 BST (UK) »
I am searching for my Great Uncle Stanley Perry I posted the following on the Army forum:-

This gentleman would be my Great Uncle. His parents James Henry Perry and Louisa Amy Minnie (nee Kitchener)known as Amy, had 7 children. My Grandfather, Captain Harry James Bingham Perry(Merchant Navy/RNR) , his brother, was, according to his family, due to meet Stanley in Trafalgar Square on the 11th November 1917/8 (I think ) but because of all the crowds they obviously never found one another.
I have absolutely no other information about him, he has no middle names, and I/we have no idea whether he served in the 1st World War Army, Navy or other or may have been killed, married or what?

His brother had six children of which only two survive, I would dearly love to be able to find some info on Stanley to give to his nieces.

They suggested that I try and see if there is an absent voters list (electoral roll) which may give his number and regiment so in 1901 the family lived at

Grashmere
Church Rd
GT Clacton
Essex

In 1901 the family consisted of James Perry 32 born Cheshunt  Hertford, Amy 29 Tottenham Middlesex, Hilda 10 Edmonton Middlsex, Ruby 9 Edmonton Middlsex,Harry Perry 6 Ilford Essex, Ivy Perry 5 Ilford Essex, Stanley 4 Ilford Essex, May 1 Cawter Norfolk

I'm sorry this is so long. But if anyone could help I would be very grateful.
Thankyou in anticipation for any help

Libby
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Perry:- Middlesex, Hertford, Essex.  Britton:- Middlesex, London, Gloucester.  Murray:- Lancashire.  Lee:- Liverpool.  Bennison:- Cumberland, Yorkshire? Robins:- Liverpool, London, Devon.  Procter:- Liverpool. Westhead :- Liverpool. Norman :- Essex, Suffolk. Kitchener:- Bedford, Middlesex. Marriage:- Middlesex. Chopping:- Hertford.

Offline LibbyW

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Hannah Louise Robins 1877-1946
    • View Profile
Re: Absent Voters List (Electoral Rolls) 1918/1919
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 June 06 18:16 BST (UK) »
I think I may have found the record that needs to be searched is anyone going to the Essex Record Office that maybe able to search this for me please.

Libby

C/E 2/4/26

Repository: Essex Record Office
Level: Category  County Council records
Level: Fonds  ELECTORAL REGISTERS
Level: Sub-Fonds  REGISTERS 1918-1948

Level:
Item 
Reference Code  C/E 2/4/26
Extent 1 vol.
Scope and Content ELECTORAL REGISTER for Harwich Constituency
Covers parishes of Alresford, Ardleigh, Beaumont-cum-Moze, Great Bentley, Little Bentley, Bradfield, Brightlingsea, Great Bromley, Little Bromley, Great CLACTON, Little CLACTON, Dovercourt, Elmstead, Frating, Frinton, Harwich, Great Holland, Little Holland, Kirby-le-Soken, Lawford, Manningtree, Mistley, Great Oakley, Little Oakley, Ramsey, St. Osyth, Tendring, Thorpe-le-Soken, Thorrington, Walton-le-Soken, Weeley, Wivenhoe, Wix, Wrabness
Related Description Also consult Essex Service Register C/E 3/5

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Perry:- Middlesex, Hertford, Essex.  Britton:- Middlesex, London, Gloucester.  Murray:- Lancashire.  Lee:- Liverpool.  Bennison:- Cumberland, Yorkshire? Robins:- Liverpool, London, Devon.  Procter:- Liverpool. Westhead :- Liverpool. Norman :- Essex, Suffolk. Kitchener:- Bedford, Middlesex. Marriage:- Middlesex. Chopping:- Hertford.

Offline zooze

• RootsChat Extra
  • Grandad Sam Divall - Bow London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 August 10 13:02 BST (UK) »
Hi  I am also  investigating the Perry family and Henry and Amy are my husbands direct  ancestors. n Did oyu ge the answers you were looking for?  When the fmaily were in Clacton they wer runningone of the many many pubs they ran, I'm thinking of doing a pub crawl!  sadly  many are nowclosed. 
Let me know how you are doing - we may be able to have a family reunion!

Su Spiller
Avis Sussex
Spiller Dorset
Russell Wales and Somerset
Ginn Hertford
Perry Essex
Hockley Essex
Stuart London
Hughes Essex

Offline zooze

• RootsChat Extra
  • Grandad Sam Divall - Bow London
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 July 12 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Libby   Did you get any fuerther with finding Uncle Stanley?  I( saw that  my husbands Aunt Sheila  made a coment on here last year, and I answered as well but don't know if you got any further.   I have  Henry and Lousisa grave pictures but like you cannot find where many of the brothers went  my email is * if you want to share info

Sue
PS I go to the ERO every monht if you want me to look for something
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Avis Sussex
Spiller Dorset
Russell Wales and Somerset
Ginn Hertford
Perry Essex
Hockley Essex
Stuart London
Hughes Essex