Author Topic: Darbyshire, Penryn & Stringer in Shropshire County  (Read 4198 times)

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Darbyshire, Penryn & Stringer in Shropshire County
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 23:10 BST (UK) »
Monuments: yard is levelled off to the south of the church and cleared of earlier gravemarkers. Several highly decorated 19thC and 20thC chest tombs; two on the south side, seven on the east side of the church. The earliest graves, some re-sited, are also located on the east side of the church: slabs, dating from 1666, 1724 and 1754 and recording the deaths of the Clopton and Penrhyn families of Llandysilio, are laid flat within a stone kerb, which may cover a vault. One such vault, exposed to about 2m below ground level, collapsed several years ago. The hole exposed four tombs in the vault which ran under the church.

http://www.cpat.demon.co.uk/projects/longer/churches/montgom/16410.htm
Llandysilio
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Mont. Davies,Edwards,Hughes,Lewis,Maddox,Mapp,Pritchard
Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington
Wisbech Bell,Briggs,Willcock

Offline ericthepenguin1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 October 14 16:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone for keeping looking, it may be Alderbury that the Penrhyn family may be quite interesting given your post. I just have to build a bridge from my Great (4) Grandmother Ann Aston (nee Penryn or Penrhyn) back to the Penrhyns of Montgomeryshire.

I can say for definite that the marriage posted of 23/10/1763 are my ancestors. Their daughter above, Ann, had 13 children, 2 of them had 'Penryn' for a middle name and 2 had 'Darbyshire'. The name of Johns bride of 1763 was Elizabeth Darbyshire. Guess I need to work on the Birth and Death for more info,  so I may post on Ancestry.com and  Shropshire FHS. There is also a good site on Workhouses http://www.workhouses.org.uk that may help with the apparent lack of a workhouse in Oswestry in 1788.

Cheers everyone, I will report back.

Eric

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 22 November 14 15:52 GMT (UK) »
A link to the Penrhyn family on the Montgomeryshire board.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=705758.msg5489371#msg5489371
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 22 November 14 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Eric do you have this marriage and baptism ?

William Penryn
mentioned in the record of William Penryn and Ann Heath
Name:   William Penryn
Spouse's Name:   Ann Heath
Event Date:   23 Aug 1801
Event Place:   Market Drayton, Shropshire, England
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I03454-1 , System Origin: England-EASy , GS Film number: 1701214 , Reference ID: item 12

Other information in the record of Prisilla Penrhyn
from England Births and Christenings
Name:   Prisilla Penrhyn
Christening Date:   11 Mar 1804
Christening Place:   OSWESTRY,SHROPSHIRE,ENGLAND
Birth Date:   07 Feb 1804
Father's Name:   William Penrhyn
Mother's Name:   Margaret
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: P02071-3 , System Origin: England-ODM , GS Film number: 908231

Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 22 November 14 18:43 GMT (UK) »
http://www.melocki.org.uk/salop/Hordley.html

1626-1629. HUMFREY PENRYN, M.A., was instituted 9 June, 1626, Patron Edward Kynaston. He died 1629.

Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington