Author Topic: William BYRNE - DOB 1845-1848 - County Wicklow  (Read 12108 times)

Offline bandc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William BYRNE - DOB 1845-1848 - County Wicklow
« Reply #9 on: Monday 10 March 14 23:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I see from this thread there are people researching/connected to Haughtons of Roscath Kilbride Co Wicklow. I am looking for information on a Sarah Jane Haughton of Roscath, born about 1875. By 1891 her mother a Sarah Haughton was a widow and farming in Kilbride, Sarah Jane was 16 at this time.
Margaret

Offline Kerry Regan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 May 14 08:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Ena
My Name is Kerry Regan . I come from Christchurch NZ and my Grandmother was Kathleen Francis Regan. My father was Terence Patrick Regan( Bill.) Nana was known as Big Mum.
Who was your father?I have no recollection of meeting you as a child.
I really only knew Aunty Josie and Uncle Ted Aunty Dolly Uncle Russell who I met  only once, And Aunty Thelma only once also. I know Big Mum as we fondly called her was adopted by the Byrnes. It is very hard to get any further with this family tree, I remember Dan. He was the only grandfather on my Dads side that I knew also. Edward Josheph died at a very young age I believe in his 40s of a bronical disease. My dad died at 40 of a heart attack,in 1975.I hope we can interact more on this subject. Kind Regards Kerry Regan

Offline Kerry Regan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 24 May 14 10:23 BST (UK) »
Hi. My name is Ena Regan & I am from Christchurch, NZ. William & Sarah are my great grand parents. I have started doing a family tree & found out my nana Kathleen Siebien (she used Francis as 2nd name) Byrne was adopted by William & Sarah. Nana was born 7th March 1903 & passed on the 19th March 1981. She was originally married to Edward Joseph Regan who passed when my dad was 12. She remarried to Daniel Nelson, whom I always knew as my granddad. I loved her dearly & was very close to her -I was 16 when she died. On nana's birth certificate it stated William was 55 & Sarah 58. Nana never talked about her younger life so I didn't know much about Sarah & William. My nana & dad often talked about my birth grandfather (Edward Regan) and that his family were from County Cork in Ireland.  I wonder if there are links between the Byrnes being from County Cork. My dad used to talk about his uncle Joe as one of his first jobs was working in a mortuary with his uncle Joe. My dad passed in 1991, so I have fragmented memories from childhood tales -lol. Id love to hear from you. Regards. Ena