Author Topic: Bessie Georgina WEBB  (Read 11506 times)

Offline Rosie46

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bessie Georgina WEBB
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 29 September 11 10:07 BST (UK) »
calvert :D
        hi mark sorry i've been so long in answering you, we have been overseas.the male child was also born in the UK as well as Elsie,Bessie came to Australia with a daughter Elsie and a son George. She had another 2 girls in Adelaide South Australia,Adelaide Victoria and Bessie Georgina (who she named after herself)Bessie was my mother.Elsie and (Adelaide )who was always known as Shirley were my aunts and George was my uncle. I grew up knowing them all. My mother and uncle George had 20 children between them and the other 2 aunts could not have children.
                                                                                     cheers Rosemary

Offline calvert

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 02 February 12 18:09 GMT (UK) »
hi Rosie how are you getting on with your family history are you able to provide names for who your mum and her siblings married,
kind regards
mark

Offline Rosie46

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 04 February 12 23:04 GMT (UK) »
calvert re Bessie georgina Webb
 :) hi Mark,
                 yes i have been succesful my mother Bessie Georgina Smith married Richard Donald Cook/was Cooke in  Sth Australia. Then there was my Grandfather on the Cook side called Samuel Cook, who came to Australia, he was born in Ireland in a village called Moville in the County of Donegal. Then my great grandfather was called Richard, a lot of Richard, Samuel's and George's in that side of the family.My husband Alan and i visited Moville when we were overseas last year, Bessie georgina Smith and Richard Donald Cook had 11 siblings 5 boys 4girls 2 boys of which i am number 7 in line.
                                                                regards Rosemary   

Offline calvert

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 15:19 GMT (UK) »
thanks bessie, who did bessie georgina smith 's siblings marry?

regards
mark

Offline Rosie46

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 09 February 12 07:44 GMT (UK) »
calvert
 :) hi mark, Bessie Georgina's siblings
elsie married arnold morris.
george married  had a son anthony in first marriage dont know who he married, (heard ) she was catholic and would'nt divorce him, he lived with a lovely lady called rhonda don't know last name only knew her as rhonda smith had 9 children. george died early 50's of toburculoses.
adelaide victoria married william john james simmons.
bessie georgina married richard donald cook.
hope this helps rosie.

Offline calvert

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 09 February 12 17:51 GMT (UK) »
thanks ever so much for the information
regards
mark

Offline Brightpixie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 07 May 13 13:59 BST (UK) »
James Dawson Webb (Truro, Cornwall) was my second great grandfather. His marriage license shows that his father was James Dawson, a photographer. His mother was Maria Webb. I'm guessing he must have been illegitimate since he used his mother's last name.

Read on the forum that he had a number of wives. Didn't know that. I only know that he married Mary Jane Cowl, who would be my second great grandmother.

Also, don't know who his great grandparents were on the Maria Webb line or James Dawson line.

Any suggestions?