Author Topic: Lookup in LLanasa and Whitford Parish Records  (Read 2712 times)

Offline cameo043

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lookup in LLanasa and Whitford Parish Records
« on: Wednesday 13 November 13 03:36 GMT (UK) »
I was given a baptism date for my 4th great grandfather Hugh Hughes of 6 Mar 1787. I was finally able to take a look at it. I don't know that this is mine. It states 6 Mar 1787 Hugh son of John Hughes Picton and Dorothy his wife. There is no comma between Hughes and Picton. So I am thinking that Hughes is the middle name and Picton the last.  I was able to find the marriage record for my Hugh Hughes and Ann Hughes, and it appears to be right. I still am unable to find the baptism for their son Paul Hughes who was baptised 27 Nov 1808 in Tre Mostyn village, Whitford, Flintshire, Wales. I am also having a problem with finding all of the children for Hugh and Ann. I have thought about ordering the parish records in book form or on micro fiche, but am unable to determine which ones are the right one to order. Hugh was from Llanasa and Ann from Whitford according to their marriage record. Thank you for suggestions and or help.
Carla

Offline Megran

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup in LLanasa and Whitford Parish Records
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 08:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Sorry, can't help with a lookup. On checking out the Genuki website for Llanasa, Picton is given as one of the Townships there. The Clwydfhs does lookup's in Parish Registers, see their website, along with details of the Parish Register Transcriptions.
HTH,
Regards,
Megran.
Caunt - Manchester & area, Lancashire, Nottinghamshire.
Edwards - Cheshire, Denbighshire, Manchester
Lloyd - Marbury area,Cheshire
Isherwood - Bolton/Sharples, Lancashire
Vaughan - Marbury area, Cheshire
Walker - Manchester/Bolton/Sharples, Lancashire

Offline norma_jess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 14:30 GMT (UK) »
I think you will find that Picton is the name of a place not John's surname.  Whoever was writing the baptism's was putting place names after the father's name and before the mothers name, for eg  there is another child who's father is named William Evans Picton & Mary his wife.
North Wales Denbighshire .Williams. Hopwood.
Flintshire. Williams. Griffiths. Clarke. Hopwood.
Cheshire. Darlington. Stubbs.
Staffordshire. Darlington. Stubbs. Fieldhouse. Biddulph.
Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancashire. Johnson/Johnston. Bebbington. Harris. Pimlott.
Cumberland. Marriner. Tuddenham. Crozier, Bell. Johnson/Johnston. Norman.
Northumberland.  Marriner. Leathard. Common
Norfolk. Tuddenham. Rolfe. Rosier.

Census information is Crown Co

Offline cameo043

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Thank You for your response! Where is Picton? Would it mean that John and Dorothy were from Picton?

Carla

Offline norma_jess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 November 13 07:41 GMT (UK) »
Megran has given you the answer to where Picton is.
North Wales Denbighshire .Williams. Hopwood.
Flintshire. Williams. Griffiths. Clarke. Hopwood.
Cheshire. Darlington. Stubbs.
Staffordshire. Darlington. Stubbs. Fieldhouse. Biddulph.
Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancashire. Johnson/Johnston. Bebbington. Harris. Pimlott.
Cumberland. Marriner. Tuddenham. Crozier, Bell. Johnson/Johnston. Norman.
Northumberland.  Marriner. Leathard. Common
Norfolk. Tuddenham. Rolfe. Rosier.

Census information is Crown Co

Offline cameo043

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 November 13 01:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have been to the Family History Center near me. They have Find My Past who has the parish records. However, I am having a hard time trying to locate my ggggrandfather Paul Hughes baptism record of 27 Nov 1808 Tre Mostyn Whitford, Flintshire. Can someone who has the book take a look for someone who would have been baptised at or near the same time. Then maybe I can go in through that name and go forward in the records until I find Paul. I have gotten copies of Pauls parents Hugh Hughes and Ann Hughes and Hugh's parents John Hughes and Dorthoy Thomas Marriage records. I have also found at least two other children of John and Dorothy who were Robert and Mary. I will be going again on Tuesday and want to see if I can locate Pauls record as well as any more children of either John and Dorothy, Hugh and Ann. I am also trying to now locate Dorothy and Ann's baptism records.
       I am not familiar yet on the lay out of Wales. For the states there is City, County, State, Country when entering the information in you genealogy program. How would I input information for John who keeps coming up with Picton after his name, which I have been told is a placename. Would it go like this Picton, Llanasa, Flintshire, Wales? Robert that I mentioned above is listed I believe as being in St. Asaph, Whitford, LLanasa, Flintshire, Wales for his parish baptism.
      Thank you for everyones help.

Carla