Author Topic: Mary Morrison and Peter Cameron  (Read 4825 times)

Offline e.cameron

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Morrison and Peter Cameron
« on: Saturday 17 June 06 12:25 BST (UK) »
Could anyone give me further information on a Mary Morrison and Peter Cameron who were married on 20 April 1818, Lochgoilhead and Kilmorich.  They had a daughter Elizabeth Cameron who was baptized in the same parish.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Morrison and Peter Cameron
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 June 06 15:45 BST (UK) »
Hi E.Cameron

I don't know if you have all the children showing for Peter and Mary. From IGI, including Elizabeth:

1. DUNCAN CAMERON  Christening: 20 SEP 1838 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
2. CATHARINE CAMERON Christening: 02 NOV 1831 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
3. MALCOLM CAMERON Christening: 16 JAN 1821 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
4. JANET CAMERON Christening: 10 FEB 1836 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
5. ELIZABETH CAMERON Christening: 24 APR 1825 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
6. MARY CAMERON Christening: 07 MAR 1841 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
7. WILLIAM CAMERON Christening: 29 DEC 1833 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
8. JOHN CAMERON Christening: 21 JUN 1829 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
9. ARCHIBALD CAMERON Christening: 11 MAR 1819 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
10. DONALD CAMERON Christening: 07 MAY 1823 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
11. PETER CAMERON Christening: 29 APR 1827 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland

Also, from 1841 FreeCen, this looks like the family:

CAMERON       Peter       M       45       Ag. Lab.        Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       Mary       F       40               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       Elizabeth       F       15               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       John       M       10               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       Catharine       F       9               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       William       M       7               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       Janet       F       5               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       Duncan       M       3               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       Mary       F       9m               Argyllshire            
        CAMPBELL       Mary       F       40               Argyllshire

Address: Monavechadan, Lochgoilhead-Argyllshire

Regards.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline e.cameron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 June 06 16:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks Monica, that is a great help.  I know that Elizabeth went on to marry Charles Paton in St. Cuthberts, Edinburgh in 1842. Elizabeth was my great, great grandmother.  They went on to have my great grandfather Charles born 1848.  He had a number of brothers and sisters among them Jane born 1855, John Balleny 1857, and James 1861. Have you any further details? Where do  you fit into the family tree?
 :D

Lorna McClumpha
Sunderland, Tyne & Wear.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 June 06 18:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Lorna

I don't have a connection with these names, just did some searches for you.

Regards.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rowing

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 02 June 14 00:29 BST (UK) »
Hi E.Cameron

I don't know if you have all the children showing for Peter and Mary. From IGI, including Elizabeth:

1. DUNCAN CAMERON  Christening: 20 SEP 1838 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
2. CATHARINE CAMERON Christening: 02 NOV 1831 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
3. MALCOLM CAMERON Christening: 16 JAN 1821 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
4. JANET CAMERON Christening: 10 FEB 1836 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
5. ELIZABETH CAMERON Christening: 24 APR 1825 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
6. MARY CAMERON Christening: 07 MAR 1841 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
7. WILLIAM CAMERON Christening: 29 DEC 1833 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
8. JOHN CAMERON Christening: 21 JUN 1829 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
9. ARCHIBALD CAMERON Christening: 11 MAR 1819 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
10. DONALD CAMERON Christening: 07 MAY 1823 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland
11. PETER CAMERON Christening: 29 APR 1827 Lochgoilhead And Kilmorich, Argyll, Scotland

Also, from 1841 FreeCen, this looks like the family:

CAMERON       Peter       M       45       Ag. Lab.        Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       Mary       F       40               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       Elizabeth       F       15               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       John       M       10               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       Catharine       F       9               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       William       M       7               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       Janet       F       5               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       Duncan       M       3               Argyllshire            
        CAMERON       Mary       F       9m               Argyllshire            
        CAMPBELL       Mary       F       40               Argyllshire

Address: Monavechadan, Lochgoilhead-Argyllshire

Regards.

Monica

Offline rowing

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 02 June 14 00:33 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have been resarching my family tree> A very good friend of my gt gt gt Uncle was a John Cameron. His father and mother were Peter and Mary Cameron nee Morrison. John is buried in New Zealand and did not marry. He was the owner of a large sheep farm in a place called Papakaio in the South Island of New Zealand. Please contact me if you wish further details

Malcolm M