Author Topic: Nolan/Murphy Kildare (Plunketstown, Castledermot)  (Read 7334 times)

Offline mrswomans

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nolan/Murphy Kildare (Plunketstown, Castledermot)
« on: Tuesday 18 October 11 15:53 BST (UK) »
Hi my Nolan's are from Plunketstown in Castledermot, Co. Kildare. 

My great grandfather Edward Nolans born approx 1853. (Can't find his birth though). His parents were Patrick Nolan & Anne Murphy married 1843 in Castledermot.  Has anyone any information on these Nolan/Murphy marriage?

My great grand mother was also a Nolan, Mary Nolan she married the above Edward Nolan in 1879.  Her parents were Patrick Nowlan/Nolan and Catherine?  (presumed Nolan??????)  married in 1858 all from Plunketstown, all small farmers.

Can anyone help, would really appreciate it.
Thanks

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Nolan/Murphy Kildare (Plunketstown, Castledermot)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 16:01 BST (UK) »
Were your Nolan/Murphy ancestors RC ?

The baptism and marriage records for the RC parish of Castledermot go back to the late 1700s, so should include the marriage, and Edward's baptism is they were still in the area at the time. There can sometimes be damaged or missing sections in registers, which can mean certain records are not available.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline mrswomans

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 October 11 14:06 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shane, Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.  It is due to a lovely lady, Elizabeth in the parish office that I was able to get my great great grandparents marriage dates, luckily I already had Edward and Marys marriage cert myself so she could view register and find the mothers names, Sadly although all Edwards brothers and sisters are recorded in the register, Edwards is not. .................... I had hoped I could find out more about the generation before him.  Thanks for replying

Offline turtle164

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 June 12 08:25 BST (UK) »
Could this be a connection to Private Edward Nolan, Dublin Fusilers, of Catledermot, born circa 1890 who served in the Great War. He won the Biscuit Cup bicycle race at the Grocers' Sports in Dublin in 1911, 1912 and 1913. His family are thought to have farmed and owned a pub, and he had brothers Tom and James. Any further clues welcome - his daughter Mrs Molloy continues to live in Rathvilly today, 7th June 2012.

Offline Geraldine Grace

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 25 October 13 21:03 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Geraldine Grace and I just read your notice on Rootschat. My grandfather was Edward Nolan from Plunketstown and his father was also Edward, he married a lady called Mary in 1879 [I don't know her maiden name]. They had 10 children, the eldest was Catherine. This information I got on the 1911 census. The only difference is my great grandfather Edward was born in 1851. What was your grandparents name that would be connected to Edward and Mary. Perhaps we are distant cousins. ???