Author Topic: Do these records fit together?  (Read 7603 times)

Offline Nicki2014

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Do these records fit together?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 12:44 BST (UK) »
Got as far back as Christopher 1828 his wife was Mary these would be my great great grandparents. Married in Caragh 1858. They had a son Peter buried in caragh his wife was Elizabeth. Just wondering would Christopher be a brother of Andrew?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 13:00 BST (UK) »
Same names but different generations. Related probably at some point in the past.
Andrew has a brother Christopher (he went to America) but they are too young for you Christopher. They are sons of Peter, born in the 1860s and 1870s.

I think my Peter Sweeney's father was Patrick,(from the Applotment Books) he could be a brother or cousin of your Christopher.

Offline Nicki2014

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 21:20 BST (UK) »
I think you could be right. I can't find any other siblings for my Peter DOB 1859. Need to go back further! His father Christopher was from blacktrench on marriage cert 1858 -DOB 1821. He died between 1901-1911.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 23:23 BST (UK) »
Interesting, Blacktrench is beside Barretstown but the part of Barretstown my Sweeneys are from is often mistaken as part of Blacktrench.
A Patrick Sweeney from Blacktrench left Effects of £5 to a Andrew Sweeney in 1906. I have never been able to figure out who this Patrick was, he died in Naas but I can't find him in the 1901 Census, I was thinking he could be Peter's father but the Blacktrench was an issue.
I should have said Griffith's Valualation for Patrick not the Applotment books he's not that old.
Can't help feeling there is a connection here somewhere. Need to have a good look at it.