Author Topic: Annie McLaughlin Buncrana  (Read 69340 times)

Offline acm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annie McLaughlin Buncrana
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 07 November 10 00:36 GMT (UK) »
great grandfathers name was John who married Sarah ( maiden name McLaughlin) sons were Ned, Philip, James, Daniel, John, Bernard they were in born the 1880's

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 07 November 10 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello acm
I don't think we are related as such ,but you never know most of my McLaughlin's stayed in Buncrana or Derry but i am just limited to what i have given so far, its not for the want of trying.
You said they went to Canada early 1900s were they in the 1901 census for Buncrana etc also try Mcloughlin on the ages you know please let me know how you get on
              Thanks Little Annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 08 March 11 20:24 GMT (UK) »
I have recently contacted Buncrana Parish looking for records, they tell me there records for Birth & marriage only go back to 1872 & death records just to 1918 .
       Little Annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 11 March 11 22:13 GMT (UK) »
With out starting a new thread on McLaughlin's.
 I have as a last resort due to the infomation i received earlier ARE THERE ANY MCLAUGHLIN'S FROM FALLASK or anyone that can help me or know of any connection to them
                       Thanks little Annie

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 20:56 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for infomation on Annies cousin, Charles Harkin his wife was Mary and had children Patrick,Barny Bridget,Susan,Mary? & Hugh.
According to my auntie she used to vist them in Clonmany when she was younger
              thanks Little Annie

Offline Coileán

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Little Annie,

Was reading this thread on the Strall McLaughlins. As I am doing a lot of family research myself, I thought I would let you know that Bridget McLaughlin, Annie's sister was my great grandmother. I also met Roseanne a few times and was generally aware that Harkins (wee Paddy was often mentioned) were related to my grandmother Brigid Sheils. Just wondering if you have any additional info to share. Regards, Coileán

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Great to hear from you Coilean sorry to be so short will chat tomorrow , have to go to work
thanks for replying
                           Little Annie

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 23 March 11 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello Coilean
Don't know nothing about the Harkin's on Granny side of the house except that we had them on both sides if that makes any sense.
I remember going to your grannies house when i was a lot younger with my mother in the sixties & seventies .
Do you know how the Harkins & McLaughlin's were related ?
I was hoping you could enlighten me on things
                                                                      Little Annie

Offline Coileán

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 23 March 11 21:16 GMT (UK) »
McLoughlin   James   70   Male   Head of Family
McLoughlin   Sarah   56   Female   Wife
McLoughlin   Patrick   28   Male   Son
McLoughlin   Bridget   26   Female   Daughter
McLoughlin   Mary Ann   24   Female   Daughter
McLoughlin   Charles   20   Male   Son
McLoughlin   Sarah   17   Female   Daughter
McLoughlin   Thomas   16   Male   Son
McLoughlin   Catherine   13   Female   Daughter
McLoughlin   Annie   11   Female   Daughter
McLoughlin   James   4   Male   Grand Child

I am not really sure either how the Harkins are related unfortunately. All I know is that the Bridget McLaughlin (Clenagh)  from the 1901 Census above, daughter of James McLaughlin was married to Edward Doherty (Gortnaskeagh)  of Skelp Hill (Ned the Skelper) on 22nd November 1900 (must have been around the time of the census). Her nickname was Biddy Strall so it is definitely the same family. I have been told that her mother Sarah was a Grant. Their first child Mary Jane (McAnulty) was born in Clenagh  in 1901. By 1911 they had moved to Union Street, via Nelson Street where Brigid Sheils was born in 1903.  By 1911 their father was dead. A Sarah McLaughlin (age 24), possibly a neice was also staying with them. Eventually old Sarah McLaughlin which would be my great great grandmother came to live with them after an incident in Clenagh.

I have a copy of a photograph of old Sarah and her daughter Bridget with Bridget’s daughter, Sarah Ellen Gumbleton, my great aunt and a sister of Brigid Sheils. Although they were from Cleenagh, Roseanne’s house is not the house that Sarah lived in as it is later but not far from the old place which is down to the ground. Another of the Stralls, James McLaughlin and the youngest in the 1901 census eventually came to Derry to live with Mary Jane McAnulty.

If I get more info I will let you know. All the best, Coileán