Author Topic: Elspet Adams and John Simpson  (Read 9104 times)

Offline Tomerong2540

• RootsChat Extra
  • Irish/French/Scottish/English Australian
    • View Profile
Re: Elspet Adams and John Simpson
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 October 13 10:30 BST (UK) »
Where did you find out about Alexander Leslie and Jean Forsyth? The Monaro Pioneers website does not go back that far unfortunately, but does state that my Great-great-grandmother Elspeth Brownlie (nee Leslie) was born in Aberdeen in 1852 (16/5/1852)
Michael Davis

P.O. Box 2197 Tomerong, NSW 2540

0405 619 607

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 October 13 15:19 BST (UK) »
As I said, speculation. Alexander and Jean had four recorded children, all born in New Spynie, in 1764, 1770, 1772 and 1775. There is a gap between 1764 and 1770 long enough for two more children, and William's death at age 73 in 1845 would fit him neatly into the gap. However I would need more evidence to be certain.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 October 13 10:34 BST (UK) »
Tomerong2540- You aren't allowed to post personal details on Rootschat (remember that it was explained when your email address was removed earlier) so you'll need to change your profile by removing your postal address and telephone number from your signature.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!