Author Topic: Benjamin Davies - Lampeter  (Read 12272 times)

Offline brawd houdini

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Davies - Lampeter
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 March 13 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello,hope this helps-Frondeg is on the road between Llanwnnen and Cribyn in Cardiganshire.It is one of several houses in the hamlet of Cwm-pib.Cwm-iago is the next house towards Llanwnnen.They are I believe in the Parish of Lampeter,though I,m unsure where the boundary between Lampeter Parish and Llanfihangel Ystrad Parish lies so check this to make sure.
Evans-Pencarreg,Llanybyther,Cwrtnewydd[Llanwennog]Cwmann,Merthyr,Llanwinnio,Bedwellty,London,Canada,Scotland and more.
Griffiths-
Cwrtnewydd,Llanfihangel ystrad,Nantcwnlle,Bwlchllan,Penuwch and more.
Davies-
Pencarreg,Cwmann,Llanybydder,Cribyn,Llanfihangel ystrad.
Also Jones in Winnipeg,Canada and Llangeitho,Williams and Lloyd in Tregaron,Llanfihangel ystrad,Cribyn,Gorsgoch,Cardigan

Offline brawd houdini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 March 13 18:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello,hope this helps-Frondeg is on the road between Llanwnnen and Cribyn in Cardiganshire.It is one of several houses in the hamlet of Cwm-pib.Cwm-iago is the next house towards Llanwnnen.They are I believe in the Parish of Lampeter,though I,m unsure where the boundary between Lampeter Parish and Llanfihangel Ystrad Parish lies so check this to make sure.
Evans-Pencarreg,Llanybyther,Cwrtnewydd[Llanwennog]Cwmann,Merthyr,Llanwinnio,Bedwellty,London,Canada,Scotland and more.
Griffiths-
Davies-
Also Jones in Winnipeg,Canada and Llangeitho,Williams and Lloyd in Tregaron,Llanfihangel ystrad,Cribyn,Gorsgoch,Cardigan

Offline swanscity

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 March 13 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the reply.  I have a query about Unitarian Chapel Cribyn.  Apparently my aunt had something to do with it.  Would anyone know if it was converted into a house or is still used as a chapel.  It is opposite Three Horseshoes public house.  Which now looks like a residential building.  Thank you.
Davies/Lampeter
Iddolls/Iddoles/Gloucestershire
Beynon/Merrifield/Cornwall/Swansea
Lewis/Roberts/Swansea

Offline alltcafan

• RootsChat Member
  • sun setting in Powys
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 March 13 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Dear Swancity

See this link on Unitarian Chapel Cribyn:
http://www.ukunitarians.org.uk/swda/cribyn.htm

Regards, Alltcafan  :)
EVANS/ JONES / JAMES / REES - Llangeler, Penboyr, Llanfihangel ar Arth, Burry Port & South Wales
STEPHENS - Llangeler, Penboyr & Neath
DAVIES / REES / JONES - Kilrhedyn, Newcastle Emlyn

Offline swanscity

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 00:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.  Obviously it's still a chapel then. So I don't know how she was part of it.  You were saying about Frondeg.  I only have old photo's of it,  obviously it has changed by now. Have you any idea where it is on the map.  Have been looking on Google Map for it.  I live in Swansea so I have no idea about the area.  Thanks.
Davies/Lampeter
Lewis/Roberts/Swansea

Offline brawd houdini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 07:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Yes,it's still a chapel,my mother is a member there,she could possibly know of your Aunt or her family,if she did'nt,she would probably know where to find this information.The 3 horseshoes is now a residential house.To find Frondeg on the map consult Ordnance Survey Sheet 146,on the B4337 between Cribyn and Llanwnen you will see MS [mile stone] marked,just after the road crosses Nant Mynach [the boundary between Llanfihangel Ystrad and Lampeter Parishes by the way].Frondeg is in the small woodland section marked on the map.
Regards,David
Griffiths-
Davies-

Offline brawd houdini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Just had a look on google streetview again follow the B4337 out of Cribyn towards Llanwnnen until you come to a small group of houses,Frondeg is easily spotted on your left,it has a large Morgan and Davies estate Agents sign outside. Also Cwmiago is the next house on your left after Frondeg.
Griffiths-
Davies-

Offline alltcafan

• RootsChat Member
  • sun setting in Powys
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Dear Swancity

See link which for Thomas Davies b. 1897 son of Evan & Jane Davies, Frondeg who died in WW1
when you open the link it shows Cribyn War Memorial and if you scroll down just a little to the second person named which is Private Thomas Davies (try copying the link below into google....)

http://ceredigion-war-memorial.co.uk/page26.htm

Also photo of Tom Davies (copy the following link into google and do a return which should hopefully work....)  [This is on Gathering the Jewels on the National Library of Wales web-site].

http://education.gtj.org.uk/en/blowup6/2964

I know that it's not Thomas you are following, but I thought that as he is the son of Evan & Jane Davies, Frondeg it may be of interest.

Regards, Alltcafan  :)
EVANS/ JONES / JAMES / REES - Llangeler, Penboyr, Llanfihangel ar Arth, Burry Port & South Wales
STEPHENS - Llangeler, Penboyr & Neath
DAVIES / REES / JONES - Kilrhedyn, Newcastle Emlyn

Offline swanscity

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you,  I did see the one on the memorial page,  but didn't see the other one on Gathering the Jewels.

Thanks for the info
Davies/Lampeter
Lewis/Roberts/Swansea