Author Topic: Who to include in Family Tree???  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Tikva

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Who to include in Family Tree???
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 23 October 14 00:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you everyone for your replies, which have been most interesting!  Like others, I believe I am more interested in family history, as opposed to "pedigree", but get somewhat frustrated with myself as I seem to enjoy doing the research more than "keeping organised records" of my research.
Sinnamon (and variants); Black; McBreen; Brady. - Northern Ireland & New Zealand
Liggins, Liggons, Liggens (and variants) - Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire & New Zealand
Padman (family very much involved in early Wesleyan Church) - England, Australia and New Zealand
Oxley - England, Australia and New Zealand

Offline Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 23 October 14 00:47 BST (UK) »
"enjoy doing the research more than "keeping organised records" of my research"

The fun is in the chase.  Or in hearing that suspicious hollow sound when you tap on the wall and then taking a crowbar to it.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline joboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 23 October 14 09:59 BST (UK) »
"enjoy doing the research more than "keeping organised records" of my research"

The fun is in the chase.  Or in hearing that suspicious hollow sound when you tap on the wall and then taking a crowbar to it.
Oh ..... very sinister  :-X :-X
Joe
Gill UK and Australia
Bell UK and Australia
Harding(e) Australia
Finch UK and Australia

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Offline Gone

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 26 October 14 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Personally, I tend to stick to the direct line and their siblings, but I also follow a line if I think it interesting. By doing this I found a few interesting people, including one that was lost on Titanic, who was a cousin of my gt gran, so, its worth following leads. I have to say though, just one line, my mum's paternal (Hulme) line, I've filled 5 lever arch files with BMD certs, news paper items, photos, post cards, Christmas cards from early 1900's and my very much treasured letter to my 2x gt grandad in 1888, along with any other info I find.
I should add, I've been looking at a tree belonging to someone else with 16,000 + names in it, I found glaring mistakes with their Hulme records, it seems my 2x granddad was born 2years after his father died, and many other mistakes, keep it simple but make sure its correct would be my advice.
Griff.