Author Topic: Baxter births Bradford  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Hayley1990

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baxter births Bradford
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 May 14 17:39 BST (UK) »
Hi, my name is Hayley Baxter, I am the daughter of Vincent Baxter who was born in 1955. My grandad is also called Vincent and they are from Bradford. I only came on as I was trying to find out more about my real grandma who left my dad and his brother when they were really young. My grandad is still alive, and he's a really good singer. I don't really know much as my dad isn't very close with his side of the family except for his dad.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 May 14 17:53 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat, as you may be aware we are not allowed to post details of potentially living people, was the marriage of your grandfather in March qtr Bradford 1955 2b 467, this will provide the name of your grandmother if correct?

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline davec44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 May 14 18:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Hayley
Your Dad's my cousin, say hello to him from Dave  :) I'm 2 year's older than your Dad so I only remember your Grandmother when I was a kid myself. She was called Marian (or possibly Marion). She was always very nice to me when I was playing with the lads. I remember her as being dark haired and pretty (other people also said that).  I'm afraid I don't know why she left and I never met her again or even heard of her. I believe her own family were from London somewhere.
There's a lady called Taya ( zylar22 on Rootsweb )who has doing some research on the Baxter family. I don't think she would know anything about Marian, but she has been in touch with quite a few people including Matty,  If you have any other questions feel free to send me an email my address is (*)

best wishes    Dave
(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 May 14 18:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave, may be wise to adjust/erase that E mail address, spammers love em!

The lady concerned looks to be from your info b March qtr 1934 Uxbridge mmn Allen another possible sibling Dec qtr 1931 Staines mmn Allen

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hayley1990

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 10:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave, thanks for the quick reply. My dad said hi ☺️ I am really interested in seeing photos of my dad's mum as I have never seen any of her. I have emailed Taya, it's so nice to hear from other family members as on my dad's side I only see Matty, Lawrence and grandad. Thank you for the information although I can't find anything about her but heard she may be in London. Thank you so much for all your help. It's really exciting. 😊

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 10:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Hayley and Dave,

Welcome to RootsChat :D Now that you have both made a couple of posts you will now be able to send Private Messages (PM's)

You will see the button appear underneath members avatars here is a link of a screenshot for help

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk