Author Topic: lowes/allisons  (Read 23618 times)

Offline Bemac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: lowes/allisons
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 31 December 11 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kelshan,

Have sent you a PM.

Bemac

Offline jillb84

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 21 May 12 21:59 BST (UK) »
hi , just passing through and saw a name i reconise, william rice , my husbands mum had a grandfather called william rice who played for scotland william had 4 daughters jean, margaret , betty, and mary , margaret was my husband gran she had the middle name lowe. just wondering if this was the same person .

Offline garyb82

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 19:32 BST (UK) »
think this william hillian rice is defo my great granddad hes buried in johnstone renfrewshire my gran and her sisters all get called hillian evan tho there proper name is rice williams wife died youn not sure of exact age have to take trip to cemetry and forgot if williams father is buried in same grave could be his wifes father tho ill double check wen i next visit came across this as i was looking for pics of him as a footballer

Offline Kelshan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 19:59 BST (UK) »
Margaret Campbell Lowe married William Hillian Rice on 12th Aug 1907 in Leswalt, Wigtownshire. They had two children as far as I am aware, Mary Ann Rice and William Rice. I do not know whether it was William jnr or snr who was the footballer. Debee who has posted on here is the grand-daughter of Mary Ann Rice. Margaret died on 9th June 1913 aged 26 years old. My great grandmother was the sister of Margaret.

Offline garyb82

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 20:36 BST (UK) »
must have been william rice junior tht played football ma gran told me how they went and watched him play think my cousins had pics of him playing and my mum has a photo of her and her two brothers with him

Offline Kelshan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 21:03 BST (UK) »
So your great great grandmother would be Margaret, who is my great grandmother Rachel's sister  :)

Nice to meet you  :)

Offline garyb82

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 21:57 BST (UK) »
Nice to meet u too will have to let my great aunts knw think they tried to find out about they're dads side of family n couldn't get anywhere thanks for the info interesting stuff

Offline garyb82

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 31 May 12 10:37 BST (UK) »
Good info was wondering if anyone had made a tree with this info my aunts dad was William rice junior and doesn't knw much bout her dads side of family I get confused bout who's who any info b Realy greatfull

Offline debee1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 03 December 12 22:54 GMT (UK) »
hi gary , not been on this for a while , seen your post about william hillain rice ...that was my nans brother , she spoke about him often, they were separated when they were young because there mother died and the father couldnt look after the kids , my nan was put into a convent to be looked after by nuns , she never new she had a brother because she was so young going into care  till later in life when he came to her door and said ..hello im your brother ...her nieces came up to visit her from johnstone a few times , she loved them all dearly , my nan passed away in 2000 , my nan was mary (rice) west , she was taken out of the convent when she was around 11 or 12 so she could look after her grandparents , she had a miserable childhood coz she had to do all the washing and cleaning for the grandparents and the aunts would get her to do some odd jobs as well ,on top of that she would go out washing stairs to bring money into the house...she lived to the good age of 88 and 11 months ..still miss  her x