Author Topic: Templeton, Kennedy, McCreadie, Forgie ...  (Read 7698 times)

Offline lisee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Templeton, Kennedy, McCreadie, Forgie ...
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 November 11 20:52 GMT (UK) »
This posting was "lost" inside another topic, so I've split it off.

If any one can help ....    :)
Hi, thanks for recovering this.

My great grandfather was a John Templeton married to Jean McCredie. They lived near Ballantrae and Colmonell and had four children including a Martha Sloan Templeton.
More details available if anyone interested. John was born 1808.

Online Del 80

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my favourite jumper about 1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 November 11 17:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisee, The McCready that I am interested in is Agnes, born 1863, or thereabouts, at Gateshead, England, married in Ireland I think, to Andrew Calvert, by 1901 they are in Ardrossan. Andrew was killed in 1903 whilst unloading a ship, Agnes died in 1924, at Ardrossan. She is the mother of Martha Calvert, who was married to  Hugh Joseph Clarke, son of Samuel Clarke, an on-going brickwall of mine. Regards Del.
Clarke , Calvert , McCreadie,
 McDowell, Paton & Scott families,  Scotland
& Ireland, Ayto/Hayto/Eato/Eatough families, Lincolnshire.

Offline lisee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 November 11 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Del, These Scottish and Irish ancestors can be very elusive. Did the Clarke family come from Ardrossan? Try searching for them in the town of Largs up the coast from Ardrossan. A long shot but I do know that there were Clarkes living there in the 1950's.
My McCreadie connection is in the early 1800's in the villages of Ballantrae and Colmonell.
Thanks for the reaction and I will keep a look out for Samuel!
Lisee

Online Del 80

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my favourite jumper about 1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 11:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisee, I have been looking for Samuel for a long time, he was born in Co. Down in 1865, he married Susannah McDowell, at Kilmegan, Co.Down in 1896, she and two children are in Ardrossan in 1901, but he has vanished, I am trying to find out if he actually ever came over from Ireland with them at all. The first time he appears as deceased is when Susannah re-marries in 1912 at Ardrossan. Regards Del.
Clarke , Calvert , McCreadie,
 McDowell, Paton & Scott families,  Scotland
& Ireland, Ayto/Hayto/Eato/Eatough families, Lincolnshire.

Offline JayN

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 04 April 12 15:56 BST (UK) »
This posting was "lost" inside another topic, so I've split it off.

If any one can help ....    :)
Hi, thanks for recovering this.

My great grandfather was a John Templeton married to Jean McCredie. They lived near Ballantrae and Colmonell and had four children including a Martha Sloan Templeton.
More details available if anyone interested. John was born 1808.
Hi, Not sure how these different chat things work.  Find them frustrating because not sure you will receive email, or I might have to wait 6 months til you log on again?  Have published a book 1997 on desc of a John Templeton in NC, US.  Learned more recently he was from VA. He was born ca 1750.  Doing 2nd book. Have done extensive DNA testing.  Now trying to find candidates in Scotland who either have already done Y-DNA testing, or might be interested in doing it.  We are trying to find possible DNA connection between "our" John in VA and Scots Templetons in Scotland. Would need to know how far back your records on your GGF John go?  Had he been in Balantrae long do you think? Are any of his male Templeton desc. living, do you know?  I would love to get in direct email contact.  I friend referred me to this chat, but I do not check these numerous chats.  You can email me, Jay Norwalk, directly through www.axionpress.com or google my name.
Sincerely,  Jay

Offline kettles.watson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 07 September 12 16:37 BST (UK) »
I am researching the family of Alexander McCrae b circa 1738, and Janet McCreadie, both died in 1803.

They were from Leswalt and their son James McCrae married Jean McNair or McNarin.

Alexander b 02 Sep 1788
Elizabeth b 15 Nov 1790
Andrew b circa 1793
Jean b circa 1799
Jane b 15 Oct 1802

Daughter Jane married James Murdoch 29 May 1825 in Kirkcolm, Leswalt.

Offline jacktempleton27

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 07 September 12 22:12 BST (UK) »
 Members of the Templeton DNA Project have an earliest known common ancestor, Robert Templeton, born in tidewater VA or Scotland in the early 1700s. An undocumented family tree of 3 project members claim he is the son of a Robert Templeton (b.1704, Argyll, Scotland) & Agnes Wilson.Every generation over the last 400 yrs included a John. Among the closest genetic matches with project members happen to be McRaes. Does anyone else have ties between their Templetons & McRaes.
Templeton, Pendleton, Franklin, Alley, Lane, Quillen, Williams/Woolsey, Freeman, Wolfe, Jeffries, Strong, Spencer, Kilgore, Gilliam, Wigfield, Spears, Nation, Fields, Porter, Walker, Carter, Clayton, Houston, Guthrie