Author Topic: William John Jones of Tregarth family connections  (Read 4253 times)

Offline Machno

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William John Jones of Tregarth family connections
« on: Tuesday 17 June 14 19:25 BST (UK) »
Is there any one that can please help. I am looking for family connections with my late Grandfather Mr William John Jones, born 1908-1954 Son of William John Jones of Tregarth, Machno villa... which is situated between Bethesda and Bangor. His resting place is at the little chapel in Tregarth. (Worked at the slate Quarry in Bethesda and was well known as an artist/copyist/Illustrator.

Many thanks,

Glen.  :)

Offline Machno

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William John Jones of Tregarth family connections
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 14:46 BST (UK) »
Additional information.. Cousins of William John Jones - Jenny Williams, Mary Williams, Richard Williams. Richard Williams and his wife Ivy, owned a confectionary corner shop from what I remember back in the 70's-80's, in Bangor by the harbour area. Richard and Ivy had a son and daughter...David and Carol.  :)

Offline WelshGen

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://www.spanglefish.com/welshgenealogy/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 June 14 10:59 BST (UK) »
Nearest small confectionary shops are the one on Beach Road next to Hackers Tyres and facing the George V playing field that has a football field on it. The other was on the road to the Pier and was run for years by Tommy Jones former manager of Bangor City football club.
If there is a headstone on the grave I can take a photo of it. I live quite close.
Jones, Parry, Williams on Lleyn, Hughes, Thomas on Anglesey/Caernarvonshire, Blunt, Davies, Lee in Dudley, Staffs
Cox, Humphreys and Keech, Bedford
My website http://www.spanglefish.com/welshgenealogy/

Offline harridavies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 June 15 17:28 BST (UK) »
If your father was called Glyn or your mother was called Gillian and your grandfather was killed in an accident at Ringway Airport on 12 June 1954, then the following information may help.

His grave is at Gelli, Tregarth (ref: A 013) where his father's ashes (William) are also buried. His grandfather (John William) and grandmother (Jane) are buried in that grave too, together with two other of their children (Thomas and Margaret). His father's other children have not moved too far from Luton, except for Megan, who lives in Australia with her daughter(s) and granddaughter(s).

His grandparents had 6 other children (Susannah Catherine, John Machno, Thomas, Robert, Jane Ann and Margaret Ellen). Susannah Catherine had 4 children (Jane Ellen, Mary Catherine, Margaret Elizabeth and Richard John). John Macho had 3 children in so far as I am aware (John {died at 2 weeks of age}, Mabel and Norman). Robert, I have not got any details for as yet. Jane Ann had 2 children (Doreen and Eileen).

I do have some further names of later generations, but the above should be sufficient to enable you to know whether this is the family line that you seek. Let me know.

Offline Carol Lorna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 October 16 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi , yes this is my Grandfather! Gillian is my mum. Her Brother Glyn died sadly a number of years ago. Are you Harry, Mary's son??? Be lovely to have further contact with you.  My mum would be so happy to hear from you also. Please let me know Carol.

Offline Wil Bing Owen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 11:01 GMT (UK) »
I'm a cousin to David and carol and am on fb as wilbing owen if you want info

Offline Wil Bing Owen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 21:30 GMT (UK) »
machno villa was 32 tanrhiw road