Author Topic: landsborough/tait/carson  (Read 22592 times)

Offline madchia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Urr Landsboroughs
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 07 December 11 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Samuel McLandsburgh m Mary Gledrie b abt 1771
Issue - all b Urr:
William 1795
Andrew 1797
John 1798
Janet 1800
Mary 1803 m James Ireland - 3 children
Euphemia 1805 poss m James Lowrie - 6 children
Hannah 1806 m John Fraser - 3 children
Agnes Kissock 1810

Mary Gledrie died bef 1815 when Samuel McLandsborough m Urr Agnes Garmory
Issue:
Samuel 1816 Dalbeattie KKD
Isabella 1819 Liverpool LAN, m William Dunn
Marion 1819 Liverpool LAN, m James Gledrie

Any info appreciated.
Pat

Offline Druid56

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: landsborough/tait/carson
« Reply #19 on: Monday 09 January 12 09:33 GMT (UK) »
   "This will now help me researching another part of the family the McConchie's and Conchie's. Hope to hear more from you soon. dm.    Hi I thought this may be of interest in the future " Marriage of Samuel Coupland to Elisabeth Conchar  19 June 1781 in the parish of Buittle. She was my 5th Great Grandmother, there are spelling variations (Conchie and also putting Mc and dropping Mc seems to happen all the time )  born on 10 april 1755 in Little Clarebrand   Crossmichael, Kirkcudbright to
James Conchar and Mary Thomson .If you disconver this links up let me know I have down loaded copy's of the parish records  from SP .here is the link to my tree on Ancestry. http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/4665074/person/590994003/fact/10307652514/media/1?pg=32771&pgpl=pid%7caid

Good hunting Angus
McCcoskry, Coskry,Copland, Rigg, McGinn,Agnew,Crone, Sw/Scotland
Kirkcudbrghtshire , Wigtownshire, Dumfrieshire

Jack,Connell
Wynne, Derby,McFadyen,Dunbar
Glasgow and surrounding areas
Rasche Johnston,
Dundee, Dingwall,Perthshire Carlisle , Ireland, Germany
Weale  , Hall
Much Wenlock and surrounding area Shropshire

Offline darlomac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 09 January 12 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you to the new friends leaving messages for me. I haven't been using the site very much recently as we have lost more of our lovely family.  My e-mail was also hacked and a not nice message was sent to friends asking for money -a thing that anyone who knows me well would know that it is something I would never do and to be honest I was very embarrassed by it. Anyway Delour is the best person to ask about the Landsboroughs as she has far more knowledge of them than I do. The Conchies McConchies are a branch of the family that I am trying to crack. Margaret Mc Conchie or Conchie is my relative and when I'm able I will look at the link in ancestry. Good luck and thanks to everyone for helping me. dm

Offline Druid56

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 08:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi sorry to hear of your recent losses . I had my em hacked early last year and they also sent begging letters to all of my contacts  >:(.I changed all of my passwords and it stopped  good luck with the hunting
  Angus

Jack,Connell
Rasche Johnston,
Weale  , Hall

Offline darlomac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 11 January 12 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello Angus
Being hacked is awful isn't it. I'm really lucky that my daughter is an ITC graduate and she changed everything for me. As soon as I can I will post as much info as I have on the McConchies/ Conchies. However the Lady attached to my family is Margaret Conchie who married William Carson. They lived in William St Dalbeattie and are my great grandparents.

Hope this helps  DM.

Offline Druid56

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 11 January 12 21:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi glad to hear you got it sorted .My mother and grandmother (Elisabeth McCoskry )were born in william street and my great grandparents ( John and Mary Ann McCoskry )lived there most of their lives.I was baptized in the Manse there. My great aunt May McCoskry lived there most of her life .

Jack,Connell
Rasche Johnston,
Weale  , Hall

Offline darlomac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 12 January 12 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi It's me again. What a small world. My great grand parents are Hugh Carson and Janet Tait. They were married on 21/11/1873 and lived in Church Crescent Dumfires. Hugh's parents were William Carson and Margaret McConchie/Conchie. William died 05/05/1868 and was living in William Street at his death. His wife Margaret died 08/07/1888 in Maxwelltown. Her parents appear to be Johnstone Conchie and Elizabeth Conchie nee Skene. As far as I am aware Margaret and William had quite a few children but I've not confirmed that yet. My research is taking a long time as I live in England and still work. Roll on retirement. Maur.

Offline Druid56

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 13 January 12 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi  my Great grandfather (John McCoskry) was born in 1872 in Rhonehouse  his wife Mary Ann Rigg McGinn was born 12 feb 1877 in William st ,my grand uncle Robert worked as a porter on the railway station in Dumfries and lived in Brownrigg cottage and Rashgill cottage Georgetown Rd. Good hunting and if I turn anything up that I think may interest you I will pass it on .I know reseaching can be very time consuming and difficult, its also very interesting and rewarding .I live in Cheshire but try to get up to Dalbeattie and the surrounding area once or twice a year and spend most of that time walking through graveyards  ;) my wife says she's never visited so many dead people .
  Cheers Angus

Jack,Connell
Rasche Johnston,
Weale  , Hall

Offline Bell Mahgie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 16 September 12 07:38 BST (UK) »
   "This will now help me researching another part of the family the McConchie's and Conchie's. Hope to hear more from you soon. dm.    Hi I thought this may be of interest in the future " Marriage of Samuel Coupland to Elisabeth Conchar  19 June 1781 in the parish of Buittle. She was my 5th Great Grandmother, there are spelling variations (Conchie and also putting Mc and dropping Mc seems to happen all the time )  born on 10 april 1755 in Little Clarebrand   Crossmichael, Kirkcudbright to
James Conchar and Mary Thomson .If you disconver this links up let me know I have down loaded copy's of the parish records  from SP .here is the link to my tree on Ancestry.

Good hunting Angus

Hello I hope I'm doing this OK.
 I am researching Johnson McConchie born 1778 of Kirkdale/Kirkmabreck Son of John McConchie & Margaret Halliday. Johnson sister Marion and my George Skene were spouses and lived in Rhonehouse.