Author Topic: Clark-Kerr Family 1800's Lochrutton  (Read 13291 times)

Offline matt muir

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clark-Kerr Family 1800's Lochrutton
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 April 11 23:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne,
Got your email, pictures are on their way.
Matt
Muir,McDill/Dill,Payne,Hepburn,Ireland,Rae all in Kirkcudbrightshire.
Cotter,Liddane,Gibson all in Co Clare,Ireland.

My avatar is my G/Father--Name not known !

Offline Clarkeesuk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 09:01 BST (UK) »
I believe that you are trying to trace my family. Andrew Charles Clark was my great grandfather and he moved to Northern England where he married Emily Hayes and had a large family. He was a distinguished local character and we have his obituary and photographs of them.If you would like some more information on Andrew let us know!
Best wishes, Sue

Offline ncmtgal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,

Would be very interested to learn about Andrew Charles Clark.  Was he the son of David Clark and Isabella Kerr of Lochrutton?  If so, he would be the brother of my husband's gr. grandfather, Robert Clark.  Thank you for your help and interest.

Anne

Offline Clarkeesuk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 22:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne yes he was he is my great grandfather . Hence your husband and me have the same great great grandfather and mother  .I will gather info photos extra that i have and send you everything to the email address you sent me 

regards Susan

ps Is your surname Clark ,mine was before i married  :)

Offline ncmtgal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 23:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan,

Very delighted that your family of Clarks is related to ours!  I tried to locate Andrew in records but could not find him.  No wonder- he relocated to northern England!  It has been quite difficult for me to trace my husband's family, not only because of the common surname, but also because of misinformation that was passed along.  Through persistence and the wonderful assistance of others on this board, I have been able to  overcome that "brick wall"...and am so thrilled to hear from you!

My husband's grandfather  (Arthur Robert Clark) emigrated from England to Kingston, Ontario, Canada in 1906.   We have photos of him and his family.  It will be interesting to see if there are similarities in appearance to those of your branch of the Clarks!  We do have information which we can share with you.

Hope to hear from you ( our new relative) in the future.  Do you live in England?

Anne Clark. ( my maiden name was not Clark)

Offline Clarkeesuk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 17 August 13 21:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne sorry for not answering you sooner but i have just seen this message while showing my mum the previous ones . We are both very interested in what you know . Mum has been doing her own family history for about 20years now . I have been rather busy these last few days so have not yet gathered things together to send you but will send a photo to start with of Andrew and his wife Emily asap in a email.
Bye for now Susan

Offline ncmtgal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 18 August 13 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan,

Thank you for your reply to my message, also for the photo.  Please stay in touch via my email address.  Anne

Offline Carolam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 03:20 BST (UK) »
David Clark is my great, great, great grandfather. I live in New Zealand but most of my relatives on this side are still in Scotland. I have cousins and nieces still in Dumfries. I posted on another of your posts this morning. Regards Carol

Offline Pattersontribe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 04 February 18 05:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Isabella Kerr Clark is my g.g.grandmother. I am related by her first child James Ker Patterson, its such a relief to find out what became of her. We lost track after the 1851 census. David Clark didn't show up till he re-appears in the 1871 census. I know Andrew Charles died in England in 1925, as for Robert and Thomas I hadn't got that far yet, So a big thank you all who replied and cleared up the mystery of Isabella. Now I just have to find her parents and so on. Once again thanks