Author Topic: Dalziel , Richardson , Aylwin , Hinder ,  (Read 5495 times)

Offline Richardson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dalziel , Richardson , Aylwin , Hinder ,
« on: Tuesday 14 June 11 22:55 BST (UK) »
Margaret Tod Dalziel  b. Dummidale , Rerrick , ( Where is Dummidal? ) , f. John Dalziel a miller at Fagra Miln , m. Margaret Mitchel , married William Richardson a miller at Parton Mill , William , Margaret  and fmily came to Nichol and Peel Townships , Wellington County , Ontario , Canada in 1852. A brother of Margaret went to the USA in the 1840s , Robert Dalziel another brother died at Gatehouse of Fleet and his wife and children went to New Zealand. A relative James Mitchel also went to New Zealand.   Chumr

Offline hgmarsh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Dalziel , Richardson , Aylwin , Hinder ,
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 July 12 04:26 BST (UK) »
My partner is descended from Robert Dalziell. We went to Gatehouse of Fleet earlier this year to see where he lived. Rerrick is a parish around Dundrennan, Kirkudbright - but I have not been able to find Drummidale (we have Drummidale not Dummidale) - might be just a house or farm name. Robert's sons - John and Alexander were born in Glenroan and we found that - it is a farm.

We did not have the information about John being a miller at Fagra Miln - I can't find a Mill there but found Fagra Road, Dundrennan on Google Maps - also found Parton Mill.

Offline Richardson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 July 12 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hello

Have you been in touch with any one in New Zealand ?
Roger Daziel from Robert Daziel , Douglas Richardson from Margaret Tod Daziel a sister of Robert . A Daziel girl went to Australia from New Zealand at one time . In Canada Olive Davies ( MacDonald ) from James Mitchel's daughter Annie Mitchel ( Ray ) , there are a lot of other relatives in Canada from Margaret Tod Dalziel ( Richardson ) . At (*) I have some photo albums I have about 2,000 photos . Have not been able to find Dummidale . Margaret , Robert ad others were born at Dummidale .

Chum

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline hgmarsh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 July 12 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Chum
We are in New Zealand!

My partner is descended from Robert's second son, Alexander. Alexander came to New Zealand and seems to have been a successful, if somewhat litigious, businessman. He built a series of pubs ahead of the main trunk line and owned a considerable acreage in the central north island.

Helen

Offline Richardson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Helen

I see my e-mail address was blocked out. (*) . Will try this way . I will try and find out who else I know in New Zealand . If you know my e-mail address send me an e-mail. Have you been in contact with Roger Daziel in New Zealand ?

Chum

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Richardson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 August 12 05:03 BST (UK) »
I will try and give the relationship of the photos to Margaret Tod Daziel ( Richardson ) .

Chum

Offline hgmarsh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 27 September 12 05:46 BST (UK) »
Found some monumental inscriptions here http://www.kirkyards.co.uk/allgraves.asp?Inscription=dalz

Do you think this is Margaret's family (and Robert's)?

Inscription 136 : Dundrennan Abbey
(Front) Erected by John Dalzell at Fagraw Mill in memory of Robert Dalzell, his son, who died 4th February 1799, aged 19 years. Also of John Dalzell, who died at Gelston Mill, the 28th of Dec’r 1820, aged 43 years.
(Rear against wall) And also in memory of John Dalzell senior, who died at Little Knox, Parish of Buittle, the 2- Sept. 1822, aged 73 years. Also of Dorothea Tyson, his wife, who died at Dunjarg, Parish of Crossmichael, on the 2- of May 18--, aged 90 years.

Offline gavenger

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 05:06 BST (UK) »
New to this site, but I'm Roger Dalziell,  b @ Hunterville, greatgrandson of Alexander, a prior poster noted he was "litigious" yes indeed - I have a fairly accurate record of his hotel ownerships.
Never able to locate his travel details tho.
Paperpast also has considerable on him.
R. D