Author Topic: can someone please help with William Douglas born abt 1862  (Read 19388 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: can someone please help with William Douglas born abt 1862
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 30 June 12 18:01 BST (UK) »
A break can help as you can then come back later re-energised!

From what I can see here - http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountyDumfries.htm#PageTitle - Old Parish Register records for Closeburn seem to start around 1765/6.

It may be that your Douglas and Nivision families did not belong to the established Church of Scotland, ie presbyterian. OPRs are in the main for CofS records.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jefna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 01 July 12 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica thanks I have looked in there before but will try again stuff is being added the whole time I was thinking as some of the other Douglas's in my tree where baptised in Buccleuch Street Dumfries would they have travelled there to batptize the kids do you think
Anyway I got stuck into William Douglas who got me introduced to filgill and I worked on it all night it is a small world it turne out his Dad is John Carruthers Douglas and he is Susan Douglas's brother who is married to Thomas King brother of Jannet King my direct line pheww I have a bit more to go before I run out of possibles to add  and Wendy Douglas has had a setback a Family bereavement but finally got  info for Fred to her so your site brings Families together isnt that amazing many thanks to you and all the hard work you do to help people you are a treasure many thanks and regards Jennifer

Offline jefna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 04 July 12 07:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Monia I looked at the page you sent me and printedout possible Douglas Relatives aded them to my tree for future reference I also looked at a page on ancestry.com and it gave quite a bit of info on the noncomformist Church and a section on Closeburn Parish #816 so I have been looking at that it is above my head a bit but will have to read over and over so I can dijest spome of it thanks again many regards Jennifer