Author Topic: Marshall's  (Read 9957 times)

Offline bluenoser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Marshall's
« on: Saturday 04 January 14 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm searching Robert Marshall married to an Elizabeth also said to be a Marshall relative unknown. They had 3 kids in Scotland that died before they immigrated, Elizabeth, Isobel and a son...?
They immigrated with three more sons John, Andrew and James. They had one more son David when they landed in Nova Scotia after a hard winter on PEI Canada.
  1774-1775 The LOVELY NELLIE made two voyages to PEI from Solway Firth. On one, She brought 67 immigrants from Scotland in the spring of 1774 to Three Rivers (Georgetown.) But in the spring of 1776, many of these settlers moved to Pictou County N.S. Two passenger lists survive - she brought 82 lowland scots in the summer of 1775. The passengers who arrived in 1774 suffered an infestation of mice. Most of these settlers left PEI for Pictou in 1776.

Robert "Deacon" Marshall and his wife Elizabeth with three son's were on this ship.It was a private owed ship built and owned by John Crockett who settled in Middle River Nova Scotia Canada as well. A couple of Marshall's married into this family there in Middle River.

Offline Just4Kix

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marshall's
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 February 14 16:55 GMT (UK) »
I was thrilled to see your recent message. I too am a Marshall descendant.
My 5th great grandfather was Robert Marshall.
My branch of the Marshalls is one of the ones you mention, who married into the Crockett family. Agnes Nancy Crockett was John Crockett's daughter. She married the John Marshall son of Robert and Elizabeth. 
They had a family but John Marshall died April 7 1840 and she went on to marry William Porter and had an additional family.
Agnes Nancy Crockett was my 4th great grandmother on both sides as Pearl Marshall and Clifford Porter were my maternal grandparents.
Love your user name. I too am a Bluenoser, originally from Halifax.
Please keep in touch, if I find any more information in my searching, I'll let you know.
J

Offline bluenoser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 February 14 00:42 GMT (UK) »
I was thrilled to see your recent message. I too am a Marshall descendant.
My 5th great grandfather was Robert Marshall.
My branch of the Marshalls is one of the ones you mention, who married into the Crockett family. Agnes Nancy Crockett was John Crockett's daughter. She married the John Marshall son of Robert and Elizabeth. 
They had a family but John Marshall died April 7 1840 and she went on to marry William Porter and had an additional family.
Agnes Nancy Crockett was my 4th great grandmother on both sides as Pearl Marshall and Clifford Porter were my maternal grandparents.
Love your user name. I too am a Bluenoser, originally from Halifax.
Please keep in touch, if I find any more information in my searching, I'll let you know.
J

I have John Marshall history as well.
This is the Cemetery they are buried in. there are some headstones. I think the actual site has more.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~dawnellis/p1868.htm

Are you doing the Crockett's as well?

http://www.kirkcudbright.co/historyarticle

This link has more of Crockett history.http://www.sprague-database.org/genealogy
~~~~~~~~
Ahnentafel, Generation No. 1

1. Joseph L. CROCKETT was born 1771 in Colvend Parish, Kirkcudbright, Scotland, and died 26 JUL 1853 in Pictou County, Nova Scotia. He was the son of 2. John C. CROCKETT and 3. Margaret YOUNG. He married Jane JOHNSON 1802 in Middle River, NS ?, daughter of James JOHNSON and Margaret MCROBERTS. She was born 4 APR 1778 in Truro, NS ?, and died 11 OCT 1856 in Middle River, NS.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahnentafel, Generation No. 2

~~~~~~~~

2. John C. CROCKETT was born 1740 in Thorny Hill, Colvend Parish, Kirkcudbright, Scotland, and died 21 FEB 1790 in Middle River, Pictou Co , NS.

3. Margaret YOUNG was born ABT 1747 in Falkirk, Stirlingshire, Scotland, and died 25 SEP 1817 in Middle River, Pictou Co , NS.

Children of Margaret YOUNG and John C. CROCKETT are:

i. Margaret CROCKETT. She married John (or James) TURNBULL.
ii. Sarah CROCKETT. She married John SYLVESTER.
iii. James J. CROCKETT was born ABT 1767 in Colvend, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland, and died 24 FEB 1830 in Pictou County, Nova Scotia. He married Janet ELLIS. She was born ABT 1767 in Ireland, and died 13 MAY 1849 in Stewiacke, Nova Scotia ?.
iv. Agnes "Nancy" CROCKETT was born 1768 in Colvend Parish, Kirkcudbright, Scotland, and died 20 OCT 1853 in White Hill, Alma Cemetery, Pictou Co, NS. She married William PORTER, son of John PORTER and Jean HALLIDAY. He was born 1758 in Galloway, and died 13 OCT 1793 in Pictou Co., NS. She married John MARSHALL 1 NOV 1796 in White Hill, Pictou, Nova Scotia, son of Robert "Deacon" MARSHALL and Elizabeth MARSHALL. He was born 1 SEP 1766 in Caulkerbush, Galloway, Scotland, and died 7 APR 1840 in Alma Cemetery, Pic Co, NS.
v. William CROCKETT was born 1768 in Colvend Parish, Kirkcudbright, Scotland, and died 12 MAY 1837 in Marshdale, Pictou Co, NS. He married Mary MCLEAN, daughter of Alex MCLEAN.
1. vi. Joseph L. CROCKETT was born 1771 in Colvend Parish, Kirkcudbright, Scotland, and died 26 JUL 1853 in Pictou County, Nova Scotia. He married Jane JOHNSON 1802 in Middle River, NS ?, daughter of James JOHNSON and Margaret MCROBERTS. She was born 4 APR 1778 in Truro, NS ?, and died 11 OCT 1856 in Middle River, NS.
vii. John CROCKETT was born JUL 1774 in Georgetown, PEI, and died 16 DEC 1862. He married Elizabeth FULTON 4 MAY 1804 in Pictou County, Nova Scotia. She died 16 DEC 1862.
viii. Mary CROCKETT was born 1777 in Indian Camp, Loch Broom, NS, and died 1866. She married Joseph MACDONALD. He was born 1775, and died 1847.
ix. Elizabeth CROCKETT was born ABT 1800. She married Archibald STEWART.

John C. Crockett's Timeline
John Crocket

Collection:
    MyHeritage family trees
    Site name:
    Beshore Web Site
    Site manager:
    Dave Beshore
    Birth:
    WFT Est 1735-1774
    Death:
    WFT Est 1761-1825
    Parents:
    James Crocket, Mary Ann Crocket (born Kemper)
    Siblings:
    Sarah Johnson (born Crocket), Elizabeth Crocket, Louisa Crocket, Mary Ann Green (born Crocket), James (Jr Crocket
    Wife:
    Ann Crocket (born Burdett)
    Children:
    James Crocket, Melinda Crocket, Charlotte Crocket

Birth of John
Scotland

November 28, 1766
Age 26

Birth of James J Crockett
United Kingdom

Age 26

Birth of William Crockett

August 18, 1768
Age 28

Birth of Margaret Crockett
United Kingdom

August 18, 1768
Age 28

Birth of Mary Crockett
Pictou, Subd. B, NS, Canada

Age 28

Birth of Agnes Nancy Marshall

Age 31

Birth of Joseph L. Crockett
United Kingdom

July, 1774
Age 34

Birth of John Crockett

May 5, 1776
Age 36

Birth of Sarah Crockett

Offline Our Kid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 09:45 BST (UK) »
I have just found your message.  I, too, am descended from Robert 'Deacon' Marshall.  He is my 5th times great grandfather on my paternal side.  I live in Lancashire and I have my tree on Ancestry.  I can give you access if you email me with your email address.  Mine is (*)
Best wishes,
Pauline

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 10:35 BST (UK) »
I figured out how to email you on here. But I don't know your name to put into the To: box.

Hi Bluenoser, we received your message above when you clicked on the "report to moderator" button. The best way to send a pm is by clicking on the round dark button that appears underneath the profile name of the user, it is the one on the right ;)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk