Author Topic: looking for J CAMPBELL 19/1/1920 res - 1002 Shettleston rd (new to chat)  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Campbell76

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
looking for J CAMPBELL 19/1/1920 res - 1002 Shettleston rd (new to chat)
« on: Monday 08 September 14 00:56 BST (UK) »

Hi all, I'm a first time family searcher,
 I would love too find out about my Family background/history  CAMPBELL of shettleston about 1940- 194~ , especially my grand father, I never knew anything about him, Unfortunately didn't give it much thought, as I was young and miles away, He Deserves  my Respect!
Recently my dad has become very ill, and can't answer my NEW found questions! anymore,
 Last week whilst cleaning my dads house I found an old WW2 leather wallet! it's like he knew he was getting sick so put them in a very easy to find spot? he has never mentioned the book or photos ? I'm sure there's nothing to hide just strange timing! inside is James's  PAY and SERVICE BOOK  complete and still in very good nic for its age.  Some old photos (fantastic condition  of James and his mates, and his family later on. A post POW 1942 release snap of James and the same bunch, he toured with,looks like before and after the war. looks like james was the character of the lot. Dad didn't talk of home much. he loved them so, guess it was to hard to talk about what he left behind' please help me if u can put this together,
 I'd love any info on. James || Jimmy || jim CAMPBELL 19/1/1920 GLASGOW
Royal Corps Signals enlisted 20/11/1941  @ CATTERICK ?  Despatch Rider  Tour Eygpt, Palestine ,Italy,Greece  (pow1942) but journal say after release goes back to the war, last date in book around 1945,Also His siblings,  His life, Or ideas / links.
 ( I know nothing) maybe even his pals in the photos, so I can maybe pass copies onto family.
 Is it safe to put photos up on this site ? in order to find his military family and friends ?all Parishes county and birth places erased due to pow I guess?
James CAMPBELL dob 19/1/1920 married : Rachel RANKIN CAMPBELL DOB ? of Springboig ,
there children ; Rachel  CAMPBELL dob : about 1945
 (my dad)  : William CAMPBELL (dob) 19/11/1949 Glasgow
  :Sandra CAMPBELL dob ? about 1954~ think passed away early not sure.
all other details rubbed out , he was a brick layer and have a picture with him and a few guys on the roof of Templetons Carpet!
parents were
William CAMPBELL dob ? Elizabeth CAMPBELL DOB? had 4 children Robert CAMPBELL ? Joseph CAMPBELL DOB? Mary CAMPBELL DOB? & James CAMPBELL 19/1/1920,
 with kind regards in advance .  take care
Campbell76
hope I'm in the right forum?
Campbell
Glasgow
WW2
Ball Arneill
Boal
Belfast
Donegal

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: looking for J CAMPBELL 19/1/1920 res - 1002 Shettleston rd (new to chat)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 September 14 08:45 BST (UK) »
Just so people don't duplicate their searching there is also another thread on the same subject here
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=698560.msg5418503#msg5418503
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jonn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 September 14 20:11 BST (UK) »

Hello Campbell76,

Looks like a good possible for the marriage of your James Campbell, to Rachel Rankin McLean. date 1947. Shettleson, Glasgow City.

There is also a birth for a Rachel Rankin McLean, 1922. Camlachie, Glasgow City.

Alas both marriage and birth, are outside the dates to be purchased online and would need to be ordered at Scotlandspeople.

The marriage certificate would provide the details of the parents of both James Cambell, and Rachel Rankin McLean.

Rachel Rankin McLean, her birth certificate would provide her parents names mothers maiden name, and the date of their marriage.

Regards,
Jonn.

Offline Campbell76

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 September 14 00:36 BST (UK) »
wow
Thank you all so much,I have taken all advice I think I got carried away, too much talk not info info, I confused my self reading it back,  thanks again 
Campbell
Glasgow
WW2
Ball Arneill
Boal
Belfast
Donegal