Author Topic: William and Sarah Buxton.  (Read 5549 times)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: William and Sarah Buxton.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 06 October 14 18:01 BST (UK) »
Yes I do think the couple are too old to be parents of your John , possibly grand parents?
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 06 October 14 18:04 BST (UK) »
There is only one marriage for a John Buxton to a Sarah in the right time frame, but I can only find one child, John in 1790.
Marriage Nottingham St Mary
3-10-1785 John Buxton and Sarah Woodhouse.
This couple however were having children baptised in Nottm St Mary, there is a gap to fit in John in 1790, but would they move to Greasley for one childs baptism and then back to Nottingham for anothers ?
Baptisms Nottm St Mary
Parents John & Sarah Buxton
10-2-1786 William
11-3-1787 John  burial 3-10-1788 notes son of John.
30-3-1788 Andrew
7-11-1791 Mary
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline jasonh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 06 October 14 18:13 BST (UK) »
Never thought of grandparents,its a possibility eh. The basford reg could be a possibility for john b1790 father to. John born 1790 would of married sarah around 1817ish but as they headed more toward derbyshire there second child robert was born in calow under chesterfield distritct then sarah passed not long after and john remarried

Offline jasonh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 06 October 14 18:17 BST (UK) »
Didn't we think john born 1790 parents where john and mary? John born 1790 married sarah

Offline jasonh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 06 October 14 18:51 BST (UK) »
So john buxton was born 1790 in greasley distract parents mary and john. The john that was born in 1790 married a sarah and had there 1st son william in 1818 brinsley. This is the sarah I don't know what her maiden name was. Also do you know if they were any other children born to mary and john that could be possible siblings of john born 1790 ? I hope I worded that right lol gets confusing with so many mention of the same name but different person seems they were all johns,sarahs and williams lol

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 07 October 14 16:22 BST (UK) »
As I mentioned in an earlier post, there are no other children at Greasley baptised to John and Mary
Burial Greasley
22-12-1789 John Buxton infant. I cannot even find a baptism for this little chap.

Have you come across this site? http://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/Search.pl

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 07 October 14 16:30 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage on Freereg at Greasley
26th Dec 1782 for John Woodhouse of Strelley and Mary Buxton of Kimberley....wonder if a possibility of Woodhouse brother and sister marrying Buxton brother and Sister??
Still, sorry , does not help you with the marriage of your John and Sarah.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 07 October 14 16:45 BST (UK) »
Yes I do think the couple are too old to be parents of your John , possibly grand parents?

John Buried 1828 aged 63 = birth Circa 1755
Mary Buried 1859 aged 70 = birth Circa 1789
There is only 1 John Buxton baptism coming up for 1755 ,on NFHS, but that is 51 miles away in Misterton.

From family search
baptism 1st Aug 1755 East Leake
John Buxton parents John and Alice