Author Topic: Goldens of Rathlacken and Duffy  (Read 17753 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Goldens of Rathlacken and Duffy
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 December 09 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello blast,

our ancestors are Andrew Golden and Ann Armstrong who had a large family in Rathlacken in 1800s. I have been in contact with some descendants in USA.

heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cscottbsn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 27 January 11 19:06 GMT (UK) »
I think I may have emailed back and forth with at least one of you. I know it's an old thread but tossing my hat into the ring. I am a Rathlackan Goldrick/Golden descendent living in Scranton, PA area.
James Goldrick/Golden in US married to Catherine Carden. Father of James was Anthony. Also spelled Goulrick on a marriage cert. Golching on an immigration sheet....much digging done THERE. Must have been some pretty heavy brogues or some skeletons they were running from ;D

And I might add...I'm struggling to see heywood's wee little pic of Rathlackan :).

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 January 11 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello  :)

what a surprise to see a post on this topic  :o

I think we have communicated a while ago through a mutual friend  in NY state who collated Golden emigrations some years ago and I helped a bit with the gathering of the information! I haven't looked at that for a long time now. I have stored some of the info on my other computer or in print offs.
I do remember the Carden connection though.

Have you seen the Golden/Langan site? That is quite interesting.

I think you might struggle even more now re the picture as I think it has now disappeared from the landscape. It was a little ruin which I'm sure wasn't there last year. I had kind of claimed it as my 'ancestral home' although I still have close relatives living in the area whose houses are slightly more weatherproof  ;D

Lovely to hear from you
heywood

Offline cscottbsn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 27 January 11 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I know which mutual friend you refer to. ..thought so. I was so ambivalent about connecting people to this line at the time until  I felt certain. I mixed myself up more in the process. I am now trying to dig myself out of the quagmire. A Carden relative contacted me several years ago also and I did not explore that to it's fullest potential either.  I got to a point where I had to simply step back. I then lost the aunt who inspired me so it took a while to return. It was a request for help that made me open it....now....Let's just say my file on computer has been open for days on end now.

I urge anyone who has not ventured back in for a look-see to do so. Even on the pay sites, info has been updated over a few short years. I have not seen the Golden Langan site but will google it shortly.

I've seen a "relative" has made a definitive connection with a Anthony Goldrick/Bridget Scott marriage early 1800's. Are you familiar with this as it greatly helps me in my old ambivalence.

I have only been to Ireland twice and not to Mayo (much to my dismay but family itinerary prohibited it). I understand your connection to the ruins. I stepped off the plane as an adult and felt oddly, at home.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 27 January 11 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I will send you a personal message

heywood

Offline mariekerr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 04 October 12 16:42 BST (UK) »
My father, James J. Golden, born in NYC, was the son of James Francis Golden and Annie Golden Golden.  They are both in the 1901 and 1911 census.  Having two Golden lines suggests that my father has genes from both lines.  His DNA is available on FamilyTree DNA; he's a Niall of the Nine Hostages type.  Interestingly, given all the Pennsylvania references, my grandfather first arrived in the US in 1912 and stayed with a Mrs. McLaughlin in the Scranton area.  She surely was a relative.

My grandfather's parents were Patrick Golden and Bridget Flannelly and my grandmother's parents were Andrew Golden and Kate Kearney.  Going farther back:  Armstrong, Forde, Kelly.  Other relatives include:  Robinson, Earley, McHale, Lynott.

My husband and I just returned from a 2-week trip to Ireland and found both the old and new cemeteries in Killala.

Marie Golden Kerr

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 04 October 12 20:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Marie,

Welcome to Rootschat  :) We have all been in touch through our friend several years ago. My line is Andrew Golden/Anne Armstrong.
I trust you enjoyed your visit to Ireland.
I think there was a Golden/Mclaughlin connection in Beltra when we looked at the families but I would have to check.

best wishes

heywood

Offline Marmyall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 07 July 13 14:36 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm doing my husband's family tree and the line I'm following is Anthony Goldrick & Bridget Scott, who are the great grandparents of his mother.  The information I have on them is that one of their sons, Patrick Goulrick (Goldrick) married Bridget Dooher in 1867, in Co Mayo, one of their sons Anthony born 1873, married Winifred Golden in 1904 in Co Mayo.  Their daughter Annie Marie Goldrick born 1905, went on to have a daughter Bridget Goldrick (my husband's mother) in 1927.  No marriage certificate found so far for Annie Marie.  I have other information which I would like to exchange with anyone else searching this line of Goldrick/Golden
Myall/Goldrick in England & Ireland
Whyte/Jordan, Corns/Ross, Lindsay/Izatt, in Scotland,

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 07 July 13 16:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Marmyall,

glad to hear from you. I see you have information - I just checked mine and not much different to you.
According to my info, the family changed from Golden to Goldrick in 1864 Land Records. As you may know, there were lots of Goldens in Rathlacken.

There is no info either re Anna Maria's marriage in one source I have. Did she stay in Ballina?

best wishes
heywood