Author Topic: patrick and john Buckley families pre 1860 nsw  (Read 4244 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: patrick and john Buckley families pre 1860 nsw
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 14 March 13 23:46 GMT (UK) »
http://srwww.records.nsw.gov.au/ebook/list.asp?Page=NRS5316/4_4790/Java_24%20Apr%201853/4_479000495.jpg&No=4

Here's a link to the passenger list for the Java arriving April 1853, to Sydney.  Hopefully I have linked page 4, and the HAMBIN family, including Ellen, aged 6.   There's no way to know for certain that's "your" Ellen without the names of her parents as per her mc.

I haven't found Patrick and John BUCKLEY's arrival to NSW yet due to the huge numbers of people with that surname  :)

Cheers, JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 15 March 13 00:31 GMT (UK) »
Marions diamond wedding anniversary - a couple of things: the date would have her marrying in 1885 when Patrick's eldest daughter (Ann) would have been 19 years old - about the right age but wrong name

When a Marion Hosking dies in Kiama in 1959, it gives her parents as Patrick and Ellen. reg 26728/1959

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au

Annie Buckley and Marion Buckley are both married in Coonabarabran in 1885 to William and George Hosking and have adjacent reg numbers 6202 and 6203.  I wonder if it was a double wedding of sisters to brothers ....?  (just speculating  :)

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Neilhilt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 15 March 13 07:37 GMT (UK) »
I speculate that John Buckley and Margaret ?? were married in Ireland about 1841.  Patrick was born about 1842 and they arrived before Richard was born in 1844.  Then came John 1846, Matthew 1848, Margaret 1850, and Mary A in 1853.  The rhetorical question is was Mary A the Anatasia who married Nicholas Hyeronimus?  If I find anything I wll post it.  I believe Irish records are a problem.
Cheers Neil
Smith - Ayrshire, Pyrmont, Newtown.  Dunsmore - Ayrshire.  Fyfe - Lanarkshire.  Patterson - Hunter Valley, Goulburn.  Rex - Yorkshire, Hobart.  Colbran - Sussex, Hawkesbury.  Lovell - Somerset, Marsfield.  Gallard - Kent,  Marsfield.  Sherriff - Angushire.  Cussen.  Dean - Mudgee.  Hill - Somerset, Gulgong

Offline dated connections

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 17 September 13 11:26 BST (UK) »
I am the great niece of William Hosking who married Annie Buckley, his son Wilson married my aunt Ethel Meah Holmes in 1909.  It is my understanding from oral family history (all are deceased now) that there was a double wedding with the two brothers marrying the Buckley sisters.  Annie to William and Marion to George.  Of course this is only hearsay now, but the fact that the marriage certificate contains following numbers must be a huge clue.  Wilson Hosking had a sister called Beatrice who lived at Collaroy or that area.  Wilson and Ethel Hosking lived in Clovelly and he was a boilermaker and friend of the Governor General Bill McKell, who was a frequent visitor to the house.   I understand Mckell was a former boilermaker.  I know this because I lived in Clovelly house for a few years with my parents.  Just for interest. Regards. ancestor seeker

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 17 September 13 13:18 BST (UK) »
Hi there AS

You can easily confirm your oral history by getting official transcripts of those 1885 mc for The Buckley marriages 6202 & 6203 found by Ros .  Who do you have as the girls parents?

Clovelly HOuse  and McKell as a visitor ... There is something to pass on through future generations

Cheers JM

I am the great niece of William Hosking who married Annie Buckley, his son Wilson married my aunt Ethel Meah Holmes in 1909.  It is my understanding from oral family history (all are deceased now) that there was a double wedding with the two brothers marrying the Buckley sisters.  Annie to William and Marion to George.  Of course this is only hearsay now, but the fact that the marriage certificate contains following numbers must be a huge clue.  Wilson Hosking had a sister called Beatrice who lived at Collaroy or that area.  Wilson and Ethel Hosking lived in Clovelly and he was a boilermaker and friend of the Governor General Bill McKell, who was a frequent visitor to the house.   I understand Mckell was a former boilermaker.  I know this because I lived in Clovelly house for a few years with my parents.  Just for interest. Regards. ancestor seeker
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.