Author Topic: William Taylor b1850 Kirkintilloch.  (Read 12534 times)

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Taylor b1850 Kirkintilloch.
« on: Saturday 05 April 14 09:18 BST (UK) »
on his marriage cert to Agnes Miller  in 1872 his father Joseph is deceased ad mother Catherine (Parker)alive . I can find no trace of a marriage of death certs for either of them. So far ive made contact with my granda James Dunlop Taylors brother Alexander Dunlop Taylors family and they have the same problem . Any ideas to go further back? thanks Ray .
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Taylor b1850 Kirkintilloch.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 April 14 10:15 BST (UK) »
Good morning Ray,
Have you found William on the 1851 or 61 Census with his parents?
Looby :)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 April 14 11:29 BST (UK) »
Hi all ,

There is a Catherine Parker aged 20 in Kirkintilloch on the 1851 Census.
http://freecen.rootsweb.com/

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 April 14 11:31 BST (UK) »
Morning loobyloo , the first i can track William is his marriage in 1872 to Agnes Miller then the census in 1881 , deserted family in 1891 and back in 1901  and dies in 1903 . Agnes seems a stumbling block too . All other lines in family go back the extra generation apart from William and Agnes . Cant find a birth for him either on SP or for Agnes. tried Family search too and ancestry and drawn a blank . hit the brick wall as they say and i build walls for a living  ;D
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 April 14 12:13 BST (UK) »
Like Ev I had found  a Catherine Parker on the 1851 at Kirkintilloch.
I cannot see a  likely candidate for Joseph Taylor in the area  :-\
There is a marriage of a Catherine Parker to an Angus Carrie at Kirkintilloch  on 10th Oct 1856.
I wonder if Catherine had William outside of marriage or was widowed young.
This couple  https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTR5-3Y4  might be worth looking at on the 1861.

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 05 April 14 13:56 BST (UK) »
i got the marriage cert of angus carrie and catherine parker 29/09/1856 and shes aged 27 and noted as a spinster . So its possible she had william 6 years before out of wedlock as no marriage to joseph .   thanks again for your help ev and loobyloo  :)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 05 April 14 14:02 BST (UK) »
Ray,
I've been trying to find the couple on the 1861 Census, hoping to find William with them but so far no joy.
I think the spelling of Carrie may have many variations ::) ??? - Kerry, Cairy, Carey, Carry  etc.

Offline jennywren001

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with yet another pudding bowl haircut...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 05 April 14 15:11 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
There's a wee boy on the 1851 census called William Taylor age 1 listed as lodger living in Lanarkshire - the Catherine Parker Ev and Looby found was born in Lanarkshire. The family he's with is called 'Ker' living at 50 Braxfield Row.
Jen
North East Scotland above the Tay...
JOLLY, Johnston,Thom, Rae, Davidson, Fielding, Sherret
FEARN, McKenzie, Stirling [brick wall], Robb, Wilson, Stott
RUSSELL, Fullerton, Christie, Cochrane, Davidson, Coutts, Easton, Scott
FRASER, Henderson, Noble, Mundie, Goodall, Thain, Neish, Moir

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 05 April 14 20:07 BST (UK) »
Ray,

How sure are you that William was born in 1850 Kirkintilloch Dunbartonshire?

Found this family on 1851 Census living at 10 Well Street, Calton Glasgow
Taylor   John         Head     31     Hand Loom Weaver Cotton     born Paisley, Renfrewshire
Taylor Caterine      Wife      32     Steam Loom Weaver Cotton               "
Taylor Mary           Dau       15     Peacer                                  born Calton, Glasgow
Taylor James         Son        9     Scholar                                            "
Taylor William        Son        2                                                            "
The family have 4  adult lodgers and a child John Duffie aged 2 noted as an adopted son but it's not clear if he is the adopted child of the Taylors or one of the lodgers.

Also living a stone's throw down the street are this family
21 Well Street. Calton, Glasgow

Miller George     Head         30    Cork Cutter                   born Paisley, Renfrewshire
Miller Hellen       Wife          28    Semstress                     born Glasgow
Miller Margaret   Dau           6                                                 "
Miller Agness     Dau          2mths                                           "
Miller Hellen       Dau           2                                                  "
This family have a visitor an Alexander Christie  aged 35 a Cork Cutter living with them.

Could this be the William Taylor and Agnes Miller who marry in 1872?