Author Topic: McFadden family ,Kilray c1900's  (Read 7726 times)

Offline mealey

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McFadden family ,Kilray c1900's
« on: Saturday 14 February 09 17:23 GMT (UK) »
looking for information on McFadden family from Kilray,Antrim, I only know that they had a daughtre Kathleen Mary McFadden who married in England when adult. time span could be 1880-1911
RIP March 2010

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McFadden family ,Kilray c1900's
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 February 09 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Am wondering if you mean Kilrea, Co. Londonderry which is on the Co. Antrim boundary (Kilrea was actually in Ballymoney, Co. Antrim district for certain records). Can't see a birth registration for Kathleen McFadden in Co. Antrim but a Kathleen McFadden was born 1905 Co. Derry.
Details of living people mustn't be posted here but are there any more details you can provide so that we can help you?

If this post does belong in Co. Londonderry I can move it without you having to start another thread there.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline mealey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 February 09 19:03 GMT (UK) »
It most likely is Kilrea and I would be obliged if you could move it to the proper Place. the people I am enquiring about are no longer living. It is Kathleen and her ancestors I am interested in and if any her siblings. thank you again .......Sammy
RIP March 2010

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 February 09 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Have now moved your post to Londonderry board.
Can you give us any more details from marriage certificate like her father's name and occupation and names of witnesses (now might be relatives or friends of Kathleen's).
There are 2 Kathleen McFaddens in 1911 Co. Antrim census but one age 42 and other age 11. Suppose the 11 year old is a possibilty (although not near Kilrea) but without knowing her father's name we can't tell if it might be her.

Offline OTTO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 February 09 22:13 GMT (UK) »
looking for information on McFadden family from Kilray,Antrim, I only know that they had a daughtre Kathleen Mary McFadden who married in England when adult. time span could be 1880-1911

You'll find the index to her birth in 1911 at :
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=2;t=searchable;c=1408347

You can then get the actual birth cert details from GRONI ( http://www.groni.gov.uk/)

OTTO

Offline mealey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 15 February 09 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both Aghadowey and Otto for your input, as yet I have not got her marriage cert so I only know she was married in 1934.in England, However I will keep your Information on hand until I am better placed to make a decision.
                                        Sammy
RIP March 2010

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 02 October 13 23:09 BST (UK) »
Know this is an old topic and you haven't been online for a while but sitting here tonight trying to sort out a tangled web of McFaddens- still not much further forward with the problem- and now that the 1901 and 1911 census are unline it's easier to find information.

James McFadden, postman, Kilrea, married Mary Jane Little and had a daughter Kathleen M.L. (c1893).
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Kilrea/Coleraine_Street/1521090
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Kilrea/Coleraine_Street/592144

They also had a son William McFadden (born 23 Dec.1872) who had a daughter Kathleen Mary McFadden (c1911).
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Kilrea/Coleraine_Street/592113

Offline Ben McCloskey Robinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 14 July 14 21:25 BST (UK) »
You seem to know a lot about the McFaddens Aghadowey.
I live outside Ballymoney now, my mother is from the Greenhill rd in Aghadowey and her mothers family, the mcfaddens lived in ballynacally beg for years!
Wondering if you have any more information, i cant get my great grandfather William McFadden and his parents Robert McFadden and Sarah Grissim.
Co. Derry - McFadden, McCloskey, McAfee, Millican, Elder, Graham, Grissam, Gault
Co. Tyrone - Robinson, Little, Potter, Crawford, Menary, Millar, Murphy, Hackett
Co. Armagh - Magowan

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 14 July 14 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hi,
    19 Sept 1891Robert McFadden married Sarah Grissam in Aghadowey Church of Ireland, Coleraine District.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim