Author Topic: Henry TAGGART and Mary Jane CORKER family  (Read 7858 times)

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry TAGGART and Mary Jane CORKER family
« on: Wednesday 08 September 10 23:16 BST (UK) »
1. Mary Jane Corker [35], daughter of William Corker [26] and Jane Paterson [25], was born on 1 Jun
1840 in Father Overseer To Mr Holmes, was christened on 12 Jul 1840 in Kilrea, Londonderry, Ireland, and died
in 1877 at age 37.
General Notes: The marriage took place at St Patrick's Kilrea 10 Sept 1862.
Mary was living at Kilrea and her father is listed as a farmer at the time of her marriage, Adam Corker
(Her uncle) and Allen Kidd (her Aunty Jane's Husband) were the witnesses.

Mary Jane Taggart- DEATH- age 37
1877, Banbridge registration district
Volume: 16, Page: 148

Mary married Henry Taggart [914] [MRIN: 35], son of James Taggart [2159] and Margaret Wallace
[4535], on 10 Sep 1862 in Kilrea Parish Church. 1 Henry was born on 28 Jul 1834 in Kilrea 1st Presbyterian.
Children from this marriage were:
2 M i. Thomas James Taggart [915] was born on 10 Feb 1865 in Tyanee, Bellaghy, Londonderry, Ireland. (page 759 in civil register)
Father- Henry Taggart
Mother- Mary Jane Corker
3 M ii. Joseph William Taggart [920] was born on 16 Sep 1867 in Londonderry, Ireland.
Father- Henry Taggart
Mother- Mary Jane Corker
4 F iii. Rachael Taggart [23006] was born on 15 Mar 1869 in Bellaghy, Londonderry, Ireland. (page 849 in civil register)
Father- Henry Taggart
Mother- Mry Jane Corker
5 M iv. Henry Taggart [22649] was born on 5 Feb 1871 in Bellaghy, Londonderry, Ireland.
Father- Henry Taggart
Mother- Mary Jane Corker
6 F v. Eleanor Mary Taggart [916] was born on 4 Mar 1873 in Bellaghy, Londonderry, Ireland.
Father- Henry Taggart
Mother- Mary Jane Corker
7 M vi. Hugh Alexander Taggart [917] was born on 25 Jun 1877 in Portglenone, Antrim, Ireland.
Father- Henry Taggart
Mother- Mary Jane Taggart Carker

This is sadly all I have on this branch of the family, would appreciate any additional information regards Colin

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Henry TAGGART and Mary Jane CORKER family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 September 10 23:44 BST (UK) »
I am also looking for Taggarts. no known county or parish details.
Mary Taggart 1800 moved with her husband Hugh Smith and 10 children to Renfrew in Scotland where they had their last daughter Hellen. born 1839. Her brother, my grgrgrandfather Muir Smith was 10/11 yrs old when they moved. as noted on the same census of 1841

Wondered if there was a connection which would help me find the county in which to do my research.
marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 September 10 12:26 BST (UK) »
Kiwicol,

No trace of any of the Taggart sons anywhere in either the 1901 or 1911 censuses for Ireland, suggesting perhaps they had all left Ireland?

Elwyn
Elwyn

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 May 11 13:20 BST (UK) »
Found them in 1881 in Greenock Scotland, thanks to ancestry.com, then the deaths threw me as the parents detasils were not the same as my lot, however son Samuel who gave so much wrong info when his mother died in 1906, proved his worth as his 1882 birth recorded the marriage of his parents in Kilrea, and exact date, confirming that it was the correct family,
at least two sons went to Pennsylvania, in USA and had families there.
Regards Colin

Offline Ladygilliantudor

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 August 14 14:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone the above mention Taggarts belong to me also  although from my information mary Jane Corker  and henry taggart moved to scotland.  Also she died there in 1906 two years after Henry.  It was in the greenock telegraph obituary.  They are my gr gr grandparents.  I would love to know anymore information.  They certainly had plenty of children!  I found tow of them Joseph and William working in the sugar mill with their dad. Aged 14 and 17.  They stayed in 1 cotton mill row, greenock.  This was in 1881.  Age slightly out for Henry.   I will need to access the 1881 census for more. 

Offline sugarbakers

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 12 Church St, MENT - the family sugarhouse, 1805
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 31 August 14 17:33 BST (UK) »
Yes, family at 1 Cotton Mill Row, Greenock in 1881, with father and 2 sons working in sugarhouse. Also maybe young Henry (with wife Catherine and 2 sons Henry & Thomas at 16 Holmscroft St, Greenock in 1901 census ... he's also working in sugarhouse.

There are other Taggart entries on Sugarbakers database at  www.mawer.clara.net/sugartt.html  , though don't know if they are connected in any way.

Bryan.
Almeroth, Germany (probably Hessen). Mawer, Softley, Johnson, Lancaster, Tatum, Bucknall (E.Yorks, Nfk, Lincs)

Sugar Refiners & Sugarbakers ... www.mawer.clara.net ...
50,000+ database entries, 270+ fatalities, 210+ fires, history, maps, directory, sales, blog, book, 500+ wills, etc.

WDYTYA magazine July 2017

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 29 September 14 23:17 BST (UK) »
I would be very interested in anything you have as I have a mary taggart narried ro hugh smith in my family tree.
Marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet