Author Topic: Livingstone  (Read 53921 times)

Offline Torrie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Livingstone
« Reply #27 on: Friday 20 March 09 17:17 GMT (UK) »
WOWOWOWOWW

The kids are my cousins Pat and Dave they live in Oshawa and we still see each other once and a while...they are Victoria's kids!!!! I talk to Pat and Daves kids once in a while.

My Mother's family had a lot right next to the the one in the photo and she says that she was probably there at the time this photo would have been taken.

Who is the  other woman in the photo, if you know?

Scott, Coulson, Simpson, Livingstone, Odgers, McBride, McAlister, McInnes, Aitichison, McCallum, Cameron, McKinnon, Fullerton, Robertson, Fairbairn, Craig, Draffin,

Offline Torrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 20 March 09 17:18 GMT (UK) »
The woman in the backgroud is one of Beatrice's daughters..Ina (Catherine)
Scott, Coulson, Simpson, Livingstone, Odgers, McBride, McAlister, McInnes, Aitichison, McCallum, Cameron, McKinnon, Fullerton, Robertson, Fairbairn, Craig, Draffin,

Offline appinlad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 20 March 09 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Amazing that this is all clicking into place. The older woman beside Kate is Mary McSporran on a visit from Scotland it was taken on Sunday  June 1st 1967.  When you say the woman in the background is one of Beatrice's daughters do you mean the one walking away towards the building?
Livingstone, Cunningham, Stewart, Hyndman,

Offline Torrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 20 March 09 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Mary-my mom says she knows that name...was she just a friend on Kate's??

...yes the woman walking away is Ina

Do you have any other photos of kate or the cottage ?? I'm wondering if you may have photos of my grandma or mother!!!

Torrie

Offline appinlad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 20 March 09 17:49 GMT (UK) »
I don't know anymore about Mary I am afraid. I have other pictures from Canada but many are not annotated and I don't know who they are and are possibly from my Grandmothers side. I will go through them again and also check with my brother to see if he has anymore.

Offline Torrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 20 March 09 17:56 GMT (UK) »
that would be WONDERFUL!!!

I also have pictures..my mom said we would go through them and maybe send some to you if your interested...

this really is so exciting! I am the one who reaserches the family history but my Mom, her brother and many others love hearing about this stuff

Thank you so much!!!!

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 20 March 09 18:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello all - congratulations on finding your link!  :D

I hate to dampen your enthusiasm but Rootschat doesn't allow posts about living people - nor photos - in order to protect their privacy and prevent identity theft.

You can post pictures of older generations though - or if you are comfortable to exchange email addresses, you can do that by Personal Message.

Let us know how you get on with the certificates - I can tell Monica et al are dying to continue the search!

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline appinlad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 20 March 09 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Arranroots

The ones sent are all deceased and I am mindful not to pass details of living ones. Torrie has my personal email address so she can use that for any photos. I am really grateful for the website as it has helped so my in my research.

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 09 October 09 20:57 BST (UK) »
"Wullie"
not wishing to butt in but have you checked the Edinburgh Roll of honours list.  Because David Livingston/e is on there.  Does that not mean that they may hold information on his background and parents and whether he won a bursary to gain entrance etc.
marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet