Author Topic: Me again! Now needing help with a familysearch film reference  (Read 5317 times)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Me again! Now needing help with a familysearch film reference
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Useful??  It was the 'Eureka' piece of information that linked Michael Winter b1706 to his Great Grandfather William Winter born around 1620.   

Confirming the correct church and the godparents was just the absolute icing on the cake.  I am one happy, happy bunny tonight - and its not even Easter  ;D

MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline andygmandrew

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 20 May 22 10:46 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

My name is Andrew Morton and I am doing a transcription of Hexham Baptisms for FreeReg.

If you are still interested in the Winters of Grundridge, I am coming across several of them in the mid 1600s and can let you have the details.

Regards

Andrew

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 20 May 22 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrew

Its a long time since I looked at this line as I thought I'd got everything I was going to get, but I never turn down offers of potentially useful information, so yes please  ;D 
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline andygmandrew

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 20 May 22 13:05 BST (UK) »
OK, I’ll wait until I’ve got them all then I’ll post them.