Author Topic: Ann Dyer Queens County Ireland  (Read 32002 times)

Offline azmara

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Dyer Queens County Ireland
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 12 May 10 10:47 BST (UK) »
 :) What a lot of great work there Danishdots. Will you be able to give us an address and cost for the cd when it is finished too?

Offline danishdots

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 12 May 10 22:20 BST (UK) »
It's a pleasure - will be in touch asap.  Thank you for your encouragement.

Danishdots :)
Coolbanagher (Queens County, Ireland); North Creake (Norfolk); Aarhus (Denmark); Burntisland (Fife, Scotland); Rowlands Gill (Northumberland); Ballycarroll (Queens County, Ireland); Raheen (QueensCounty, Ireland)

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 19 May 11 21:46 BST (UK) »
Another Ann Dwyer?

Ridge cemetery Portlaoise (Maryborough)

Ann Dwyer; 26/1/1784(64) by other records/ (34)
also John Dwyer; 1761
erected by Eliza Dwyer for mother Margaret;
Sisters; Margaret-Sarah.
--------------
Jack

Offline zippygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 27 November 11 02:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rex

I think that I may be able to help with the two witnesses on Ann Dyers marriage certificate.  One I think is my great grandfather John Dunn and his first wife Susan Dunn.
Susan was Susannah Dyer - father James Dyer and mother Maria Higgs.  Anne was her sister.  Susan came to NZ aboard the Queen of the Avon in July 1859 no other Dyers aboard She married John Dunn in Sept 1859 in Wanganui.  John Dunn's parents were John Dunn and Susan Higgs - possibly Maria Higgs sister/Cousin.  Like you I don't know any more about the Higgs family.
I did find in Papers Past a report of a marriage of Miss Jane Higgs, 3rd daughter of Mr John Higgs of Maryborough, Queens County, Ireland to Mr John Moran of Christchurch, NZ.  The wedding took place at the residence of Mr John Dunn, Guyton St, Wanganui on 27 May 1877- possibly a sister of Susan and Anns.
Susan was born about 1835 and died in Wanganui in 1884.  John and Susan had 4 children.  John later married my great grandmother Mary Gill.
Hope this helps.
Janice, NZ :)

Offline zippygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 27 November 11 04:42 GMT (UK) »
I should have said Jane may have been a cousin of Ann and Susans
Janice

Offline RoysSon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 27 November 11 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Janice.

Well well !!
I knew come time I would find a thread in the saga of Ann Dyer!! There is a link somewhere with Dunns as their name appears in our family bible but no one knows how. Wished I had talked to my grandfather before he passed away as to who the ppl in the bible were and how they were linked to his Revell side! Never mind Janice thank you for this, now I have a solid lead to track.
I have found an Ann Dyer and another Dyer [ male or female and age is not stated] on board a ship called the Princess that docked in Petone/Wellington. Found this in papers-past and NZ Archives. The problem is that they were not assisted passengers or part of the Nz Company. If they were then apparently according to NZ Archives there is a paper war on how they came out, where from and where they went to. The date of arrival looks like so it could be my gt gt grandmother or could also be a wild goose chase.

Again thanx Janice ... very much appreciated. If I have any progress will get back in touch with you.

Regards
Rex
Revell Revel Crocker Kingcombe Sarten Richards Goddard Bird Rogers Brough Broe Perham Fennell Faull Cleaver Hawke Hornblow Kingcomb Lye Pepper Scrivener Street Wallace Wood Higgs

Offline zippygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 28 November 11 03:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rex

Glad I could be of help. I hope that this lead helps you out, sometimes the smallest bit of information helps unravel the mystery.
I would be interested to know what Dunn's are mentioned in your family bible.  Like you I don't know a lot about my Irish heritage.  All I know about John Dunn is that he was born in Ballyfin, Queens County and that he came to NZ with the 65th Regiment. Any lead you could give me would be much appreciated.
If I find out anymore about the Dyer family I certainly let you know.

Regards
Janice

Offline RoysSon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 28 November 11 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi there again Janice.
Didnt know that bit of info abt John Dunn on where he was born and that he was with the 65th either! On my fathers side as well are close ties with the 65th as well! Many were based around Whanganui and the Taranaki Land Wars notably.

Our family bible. Some dumb $#@& actually tore the page out with all the info and from the copy I have [ which was apparently copied ] was sent to a Brian Revell, Red Beach Orewa! Why it wasnt copied and the Bible left intact is a mystery to me! One of my Aunties from way back needed her bum kicked. I can very vaguely remember it but what what is done is done :o(

This is what is written [ have not put down names that are not applicable to you ]

Mrs Dyer [ presume Ann's mother ] Birth place Ireland    Date of birth Nov   78 years    Date of death 1st Feb    This one as you can see is very incomplete pity no place names and actual DOB and Date of death

Mrs Dunn Birth Place Ireland    Date of birth 48 years  ?   Date of death 2nd Sept 1884

Dear Mother [ presume this must be Ann Dyer as dates match]  Birth Place Ireland   Date of death 26 Sept 1887

Dear father [ this must be Henry Revell ]  dates of birth and death all match.

Question is Mrs Dyer ... was she actually in NZ? Is she actually buried here in NZ? If correct then she would presumably had come out to NZ with some or one of the children. If she was buried in NZ then I can assume New Plymouth or Wanganui ?? Or was she written up in the book as a reference only and she stayed back in Ireland.
Im like you Janice, this Irish connection is all shrowded in mystery and not much to go on. Ann Dyer is much the same. Found her resting place but no one in our family knows anything abt her? Got a photo and thats it.
I smell a rat :o))) My mother is no help, and her 2 sisters are long past it so no help there! Will keep on digging, never know what time may dig up

Regards
Rex
Revell Revel Crocker Kingcombe Sarten Richards Goddard Bird Rogers Brough Broe Perham Fennell Faull Cleaver Hawke Hornblow Kingcomb Lye Pepper Scrivener Street Wallace Wood Higgs

Offline zippygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 29 November 11 02:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rex

Thanks for the info.  The Mrs Dunn mentioned is Susan Dyer died 5 Sept 1884 in Hawera, buried in Wanganui. Death Certificate states 49 years of age, resident in colony 26 years, born Maryborough, Ireland, 1 son, 11 years, 2 daughters, 21 and 19.

Like you not sure who Mrs Dyer is but if I uncover anything I'll let you know.

kind regards
Janice :)