Author Topic: Crawley _ Moxon  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Andrew Wileman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Crawley _ Moxon
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 15:13 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have in my possession the World War 1 Victory Medal issued to Private Walter Wallace Crawley, service number 24068.

Research on the Forces War Records website have given me a birth town of Stairfoot, Barnsley and a date of death - 21/03/1918 'Killed In Action'

My desire is to return this medal to an ancestor of Walter Crawley, one of our fallen Heroes.

Any help with this would be appreciated. 

Offline waggy64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 March 16 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrew,

I have just seen your post regarding Private Walter Wallace Crawley (i believe you posted it a while ago, but im hoping you can help me!) Walter Wallace Crawley was my great grandfather on my dads side of the family. If you still have his medal, I would love to be able to get it to my father (Walters grandson). Also I have been researching my family history for a while now and im interested to know if you have any other information regarding the Crawley/Moxham family tree.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Stephen Wagstaff

Offline Andrew Wileman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 March 16 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephen,

Good to hear from you and to know that the medal is moving back home. Not sure how we're gonna do this but I could do with a contact number or address so we can make arrangements for me to return the medal (I live in Ackworth West Yorkshire).

Regarding further information... The only details I have were picked up on the Forces War Records website but the info I have is minimal.

Regards

Andrew

Offline waggy64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 24 March 16 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrew,

Thanks so much for getting back to me, I know my Dad is going to be so happy that the medal will be back in the family. I live in Blackpool but would prefer not to put my details on here, so below is my email address. If you could contact me by email we can then make further arrangements.

Thanks again,

Stephen.   Email - (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php