Author Topic: Vivian Ward  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Billstairfoot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Vivian Ward
« on: Thursday 05 June 14 03:11 BST (UK) »
Of 222 Sheffield Rd, Barnsley. Brother Leslie (Les). Father Joseph. Went to Canada early to mid 50's.
No middle name. Any info appreciated.

Bill

Offline pjs12

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Vivian Ward
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 June 14 06:03 BST (UK) »

Hi,

Welcome to Rootschat.

Passenger List Liverpool to Quebec, Canada 27th April 1951 aboard the 'Franconia'.

Vivien Ward, age 25, occupation Baker, and Anne Ward, age 22, occupation Housewife.

Address given as 4 Barnsley Road, Barnsley.

If these are the people you are looking for you could put a post on Canada board, which you will find lower down on the Forum page, and see if anyone can help you with further information in Canadian records.

Ian
Johnstone,Forgan,Barran,Elliott,Normington,Davies,Marshall,Longbottom,Rusby

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 June 14 08:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Bill

Rootschat is a forum for finding our ancestors not missing relatives and we have a 'no living people' policy here.

Please see our guidelines for posting for more information

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

If people have information to share about people who may still be living, please use the personal message system.

Dawn

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Billstairfoot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 June 14 00:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks! The Franconia post was bang on. Sorry I am not more familiar with how to reply to specific responses. Further, to Dawn, this is in fact a dead relatives search - not a living relative, but thanks!

Bill

Offline Billstairfoot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 June 14 00:58 BST (UK) »
Now the kicker. My Moms history is fairly well defined. My grandfather, Joseph, apparently married twice. The second time I believe to Phoebe. I have no idea what my ancestral history is past that. My Grandfather, Joseph, may have been a bottle-blower, bargeman...
Lots of kids 1st marriage. I believe all in Barnsley and presumably at 222 Sheffield Rd.

From 2nd marriage to Phoebe Joseph had my Dad Vivian, his brother Leslie, his sister Gladys and his sister Ella. Ella came to Canada also, not sure when. Gladys died in England, the rest in Canada.

Anyone able to provide a clue? many thanks!

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 June 14 01:18 BST (UK) »
Hi a little confused, going on the age of Vivian on the 1951 voyage, suggests he was b circa 1925, his birth registration on Freebmd suggests this:-

Vivian Ward Dec qtr 1925 Barnsley 9c 449 Mothers maiden name Newbold, which then suggests this marriage:-

James W Ward to Edith E Newbold June qtr 1920 Barnsley 9c 705, James Wm Ward b c 1900 looks to be the son of Joseph & Phoebe Ward who in 1901 were living at 110. Sheffield Road, Barnsley
Census Ref RG13/4312/199/23

Keyboard86

PS Joseph in 1901 is aged 33 occ Glass Bottle Maker, Leslie b June qtr 1921 Barnsley 9c 484 Mothers maiden name NEWBOULD

Leslie Ward aged 31 occ Baker with an Edwina Ward departed Liverpool for Quebec on SS Franconia 26th June 1952 their address in UK was 3, Greenland, Blacker Hill, Barnsley

Leslie looks to have married an Edith A Mallin March qtr 1946 Barnsley 9c 458

Lastly, their are 6 births of Ward children in Barnsley with Mothers maiden name Newbold/Newbould from 1920 to 1929
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 14 June 14 17:47 BST (UK) »
Hi again, need help with an emigration ie the "Ella" as posted by the OP, believe of the 6 births in Barnsley Ward/Newbould/Newbold 1920/9 she is the Edith E Ward b June qtr 1929 9c 441, I believe her mother was also an Edith Ella, cannot locate how Edith/Ella arrived in Canada?!
Gladys b 1920 ( prior to marriage) married a William A Hirst March qtr 1949 the missing 2 sisters also in Staincross 1943 and 1945
Phoebe Ward died March qtr 1917 Barnsley 9c 333 aged 52

Just noted that Leslie & Edith A Ward nee Mallin look to have had a son in 1948 Barnsley?

Keyboard86

Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk